Phat to Fabulous!

01 February 2006

I did it!

So I made it to the gym last night. It almost didn't happen, but I made it. So that makes 3 days out of 3 this week. Not so bad. Last night when I got to the gym, my friend Mel and her boyfriend, Ben, were there signing up for their membership, finally someone that will be able to meet me at the gym sometimes. We can hopefully help keep each other motivated. Once again though, the gym was super busy.

I think it is a conspiracy!
When I go to the gym, I usually take my kids and put them in the kids room. Its great, it lets me get my workout in, and it wears them out before bedtime! (Whoo hoo!) Anyway, it seems like every time I get to the gym, I get my stretching done and hop on an elliptical machine, provided one is available. Like last night, I was just getting in the groove, had my headphones on blasting, singing along with Pitbull, "Shake, shake, shake, shake, shake, shake, shake, shake, mentirosaaaaa..." (Terri that was for you!) got to 10 mins about 1.2 miles and the girl from the kids room comes over, Kennedy stinks and needs to be changed! Every daggone time, I swear she does it on purpose. She's potty training and she's never wet just stinks to high heaven. That little booger! So at the time Mel was next to me on a machine so I left my stuff there with her to guard my machine and went to get my kid to change her as quickly as humanly possible. I figure with Mel there she can protect my machine, not like the last time this happened, when I left my towel and mp3 player on the machine and came back and some little skinny perky blonde girl was on the machine and had sat my stuff on the window sill. Fortunately for her there was another machine open, otherwise I might have considered dragging her happy slappy behind off of that machine by her hair, ok maybe not, can't get too ghetto up at the gym, but still. So I got on a machine almost right behind her, she comes over when she gets done and was like, oh I'm so sorry, I didn't realize you were still on it, I just thought you forgot your stuff. How do you forget an mp3 player? Most people usually keep them attached to their heads. And all the people that were up there on the other machines that saw the girl that works at the gym come over to get me and saw me hop off the machine, why didn't ne'er one of them say a word when this broad came and hopped on my machine. But anywho, I digress!

So I was thinking last night...
Which is something I try not to do when I am not at work getting paid to do so. But I started to put together a list of all the things in Milwaukee, Wisconsin or just in general that have made it way too easy for me over the past few years to stay a member of the Curvy Girl Club. So here's my top 10 list:
  1. Kopp's Frozen Custard - If you have never had frozen custard, you have never been to heaven! I have gotten in a car accident for this stuff before! (Right, Kye?) Culver's is a close second.
  2. After club runs to Jalisco's, Ma Fischer's, or Pizza Shuttle
  3. We are the "Dairy State," which may also mean we are the "Fat State" -- Although Men's Fitness Magazine said Milwaukee was the 15th fittest city in 2005 (http://www.mensfitness.com/rankings/304) I think someone lied to them, there are a whole lotta chunky people walking around here, I've seen them!
  4. Cheese - So being the "Dairy State" you know we like our cheese, american cheese, cheddar cheese, string cheese, mozzarella cheese, provolone cheese, cheese with sausage chunks in it (don't ask), shredded cheese, sliced cheese, cheese cubes, cheese curds, fried cheese on a stick (thanks to State Fair, some people will fry anything!) , heck we even have the famous Mars Cheese Castle! http://www.marscheese.com/
  5. Speaking of Frying stuff - At State Fair they bring a new meaning to friend foods. No offense to any of my Caucasian friends, but I used to think that black folks would fry some of anything, the Wisconsin State Fair proves y'all have got us beat, hands down! These fools fry cheese, twinkies, snickers, oreos, and who knows what else. And lets not mention the infamous cream puffs and human size turkey legs.
  6. Work - Every time I look up there is an email going out that there is some free food in the breakroom. Note to people at work: STOP THAT $HIT! Every time you send one of those emails, I just have to walk down there to see what it is and once I get there, I may as well take some since I did all the work to get down there! That is if it is packaged properly, I can't just be taking food that everyone has been digging in with who knows what. That's a story for another day!
  7. Going to the Club - It is a guarantee that when you go to the club you will see someone that looks a hot mess! That person will look so horrible that you will feel real, real, real good about yourself and comfortable about your place in this world! i.e. I went to Da Jungle last Saturday, there was this girl there that looked like she running a close second to me to being the president of the Chunky Butt Club, but she had the nerve to have on some spandex looking (I say looking, because they may have just been that tight that they appeared to be, but I am not sure) pants and a gold trashy looking top with spaghetti straps that looked like it came of the 99% off clearance rack at Rainbow! At that moment I felt sexy as he!!
  8. Valet - There's valet everywhere these days. They have valet at the mall. Y'all are really making this too easy. You mean I don't have to park my car in another county to get in the mall, all I have to do is hand my keys to some little 18 year old who will go park it for me, and then when I am done spending all the money I don't have he will book his little scrawny butt back out to the back of the parking lot to go get my car for me? Seriously, STOP THAT! MAKE ME WALK, trust I need it!
  9. Family style restaurants - What if you don't go with your family? Do you really think I am just going to let all that perfectly good food go to waste? I am not going to ask for a doggy bag or a to go box, because chances are 3 out of 4 times, I will forget it after I pay the check and leave it sitting on the table anyway, which means I just wasted my money and some perfectly good food. BLASPHEMY I SAY!
  10. (drum roll please) My girls from the Miami trip will know this is the truth....BIG GIRLS ARE IN THIS YEAR!

If you can think of anything that has made it just that much easier for you to keep those pounds on over time, holla at your girl!

Until next time, peeps!

Diet Quotes from http://danworona.50megs.com/photo2.html
Bad diet advice: DO WHAT YOU ARE GOOD AT. LET'S SEE, I'M GOOD AT COOKING. I'M GOOD AT EATING.
--Daniel Worona
posted by Elle Jefe at 2/01/2006 07:51:00 AM

1 Comments:

I saw the announcement to your blog from YB&F. Keep up the great work! Your blog is hilarious! Also, don't give up your gym training. Stay motivated.

2/01/2006 1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home