Phat to Fabulous!

20 February 2006

Did you miss me?

So its been a minute, but I have had some $hit going on the past few days. I just needed a breather and didn't have time for much of anything. After last Thursday's mess, I didn't really think it could get any worse, boy was I HELLA WRONG! Friday at work was some mess, I got out of there so late that I never even made it to the gym. It was like -8 out with windchills of like -1,000,000, ok so I am exaggerating but come on it was cold. OK random thought about that, on the news they say wind chills of -50 or whatever for the day. And they always remind you that the wind chills are based off of an adult's body and the temperatures will feel even colder to small children. Seriously, when it gets that cold do you really care if the wind chill is -15 or -20! It's fu%king cold, period! Do you really need to say more. Anywho, so I missed the gym, made it home in time to feed the kids, get them to bed and get dressed in order go out for Martinis with a friend. Yeah tell me why I thought it was a good idea to do that. How about I leave home to go pick her up and I am driving along and the idiot in front of me crashes into a fu%king fire hydrant! How about my car ended up covered in water, I ended up driving a moving popsicle. I am sure Mazda didn't even know that they had Strato Blue Mica popsicles out there! WTF! After that I needed a drink! Anyway what does this have to do with me losing weight, not much other than the fact that this $hit was stressful and ya girl really would have went for a pint of ice cream, but I didn't, I just enjoyed a Flirtini from Hotel Metro and then for whatever reason decided it was a good idea to walk, you heard me right, walk around the corner to Havanas for a mojito and a Red Stripe (Real Jamaican Lager)! It was cold as he!! I messed up my buzz, but I was feeling ok at the end of the night!



True Life: I'm Obese!
So I am at home yesterday cleaning, my house really needed it, and I finish watching way too many episodes of Real World/Road Rules Challenge and True Life: I'm Obese comes on. Now the show has 3 different people on it that it is following. There is 500 lb. Amy who is afraid that if she doesn't do something that she could die at age 27; 17 year-old Corey who thinks he is addicted to food, and 24 year-old Frances who is comfortable in her 215 lbs. frame and is a plus sized model. The show held my attention, because you felt sorry for Amy, Frances was so confident it was almost nauseating, and you wanted to smack Corey sometimes as you watched him get his panties in a bunch for getting a salad from Chick-Fil-A for dinner instead of McDonald's #1 meal!

Seriously, it was sad to see Amy go to a restaurant and break into tears when a little girl passes and says, "Oh wow, she's so big!" She has to get special therapy for the layers of fat that have built up around her legs and she can barely walk up and down the three stairs to get in and out of her house, when she does leave. Amy is preparing herself to have bariatric surgery. There is a Corey who eats numerous Double Cheese burgers and fried foods every day and hopes that he gets the approval from his doctor to have gastrointestinal surgery. Until then, however he will continue to eat the same crap he always has and continues to put on the pounds even though the surgery is not promised. Yet, in his defiance to continue to eat the same stuff he cries then flips the script and cries about not feeling good about his body. I understand that people really do have an addiction to food, but his mom is trying, at least some to get him to break these habits and he is relying on his hope to have this surgery. What if it doesn't happen, then what? Does he end up 500 lbs. like Amy? Then there was Frances....oh lordy was there Frances. Frances was a boisterous 24 year-old plus sized model. Frances was very confident in her skin and loved spending time with her friends who were also, obese. Its great to see someone confident, regardless of what main stream society thinks. She was determined to go out for the modeling jobs whether they requested plus sized models or not. (Even though in my opinion she really wasn't all that cute.) However, you have to wonder if that confidence will be a detriment to her. Will her high level of confidence allow her to continue her unhealthy eating habits causing long lasting health problems like many other obese woman and men. Especially, with the health risks that face African-Americans you want to just scream at her to be careful.

After watching that show I think I never want to eat again. One comment on the show, I read from someone said, is there such a thing as a chastity belt for your appetite. Well if there is can I get one sent to me overnight priority delivery?

I stink...

And therefore I am going to get off of here and hop my behind into the shower. I got a pretty good workout tonight.

Today's Quote:

I bought a talking refrigerator that said Oink every time I opened the door. It made me hungry for pork chops.

~Marie Mott

TTFN!

posted by Elle Jefe at 2/20/2006 09:18:00 PM

3 Comments:

ok, first off, i am a reality tv nut and can watch rw/rr challenges all day long, along with almost every reality show ever created...anyhoos, i cant find it in me to feel bad for amy or any of those folks. i mean, thats the weird thing about diseases, no one can really understand if they dont experience it (i have ocd-and people think im just crazy), but i would like to think something as apparent and physically uncomfortable as being 500 pounds would be a little easier to deal with than an emtional disorder which you cant see/feel physically. i mean, my issue is in my head and unless you really know me, you would never know that i struggle with it. but she couldnt hardly move and the way she bathed was downright embarrassing...if that doesnt snap you into reality, i dont know what could.

2/21/2006 9:01 AM  

ok, did my comment go thru? cuz i got the error message...let me know cuz it was long.

2/21/2006 9:04 AM  

I will say that the show almost made me nauseaous. I sat there the whole time feeling like my jaw was on the floor!

2/21/2006 12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home