Phat to Fabulous!

10 February 2006

Freeganism - WTF!!!

According to Wikipedia.com, Freeganism is defined as the following:

Freeganism is commonly understood as the practice of abstaining from any
consumer goods except in those cases where the goods are obtained for free and
have been divorced from the harm done by their production. The word "freegan" is
a portmanteau of the words free and vegan.

Basically, these are a bunch of tree hugging hippies who rather than taking the time and the money to take their behinds to the grocery store, they would rather go rummaging through the garbage cans of businesses across America to feed themselves.

You may be wondering what this has to do with my journey from Phat to Fabulous! Well, I went to the gym last night, which I had a pretty good workout. Came home, had dinner with the girls, got them bathed and to bed and hopped on my laptop to do some work. After the News, "Geraldo at Large" came on there were a few interesting stories on the one that really had me sitting there with a strange look on my face was when they did the teaser right before the commercial break about these nuts! I was very upset too that the show is syndicated (or so I think), so I was pretty sure that it wasn't necessarily on at the same time even if I did have nerve enough to call one of my friends at 11 at night just to say, "Do you see this $hit!" So after the commercial break, they come back and they show this group of very happy people, who refer to themselves as Freegans, scavenging the garbage bins of New York City. Then they all go home with their food and make dinner and have a happy hippy party. I say to you my good people, "WTF!" They then show the Head Grand Puba of the nut case clan and he is telling everyone how he has spent no money on food for the past 11 years! WTF! He proceeds to tell the reporter about how many billions of pounds of food American consumers waste each year.

So I started thinking, we all know this is dangerous. If I were a Freegan I would be Fabulous, now not that I am going to take up that lifestyle or anything, because there's no way in he!! I would seriously eat that stuff. Then I thought some more and I came up with the Top 10 reasons why I could not be a Freegan. Of course, since I used all of that brain power to come up with a list, why not share it right? So here you go...

The Top 10 reasons why The L would not be a Freakin' Freegan:

  1. I shave my armpits (from the looks of some of those people, it appeared that the general consensus was that they do not).
  2. Hippies went out of style in the 60s.
  3. You can't make me, even if you had a gun, its probably recycled and doesn't work anyway.
  4. You expect me to believe you wash you hands, you don't even look like you wash you a$$, don't touch my food even if it did come out of the Giants dumpster.
  5. What's that smell?
  6. Are you f%&*ing serious?
  7. One man's garbage is still my garbage, leave that $hit alone!
  8. Is that sanitary?
  9. Unless there's a $600 BCBG purse in the bottom of that bag, I am not digging in it!
  10. I like being wasteful its gotten me this far just fine.

I feel better! Well that's all for me today, you folks have a good weekend. Be healthy, be safe and be Fabulous!

Today's Quote:

Whenever, I think about exercise, I lie down 'til the thought passes. -- Robert Maynard Hutchins

posted by Elle Jefe at 2/10/2006 01:44:00 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home