Phat to Fabulous!

08 February 2006

I figured out my problem...

I only lost a pound, because in the words of one American Idol auditioner with an uncanny resemblance to Clay Aiken and a very disturbing affection for doing the "Beyonce Booty Hop" said, "I'm just nervous as hell, and I've got to pee!" Do you think that was it? No, well hey it was worth a try, I suppose it didn't work from him either!

Anywho, I made it to the gym yesterday. I got there late, but that was alright. The poopy bandit struck again, however this time she at least was kind enough to wait until I was done with my 36 minutes on the elliptical. How kind of her. She has made a new boyfriend I think, she has somehow managed to have grown men dancing like idiots at her beckoning call. It is a truly comical when I look over to the kids room during my workout and I see a grown 6'2ish" man dancing with his hands in the air and making faces at my daughter. Either he needs to get out more, or she has a way with men. Also, congratulations to me, I think I must have hit record speed last night, doing 4.17 miles in 36 minutes! Yippee for me! I haven't done less that a 12 minute mile since high school. It kind of felt good. The trick I have found is hiding the numbers from myself, I cover the control panel up with my towel so I don't pay attention to the time or the distance or any of that. I just listen to my music and watch ESPN and the time flies.

Make that 4!
Remember yesterday's post about how I hate running into people at the gym. So I finished posting that, left work, went to get the kids and then went to the gym and half way through my workout I look up and there's yet one more person I went to high school with. I really need to get away from Milwaukee. This place is too daggone small!

George Carlin once said, "Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
Last night no one would have been petting me and that's for d%mn sure! I was one nasty sweaty mess. I almost didn't want to get in the car with myself to go home. Yes, it was really that bad. Now, I understand that the sweat was just a sign that I was working hard, but you never knew how many different places you sweat until you go to the gym in heather grey pants. I was all excited because last weekend I picked up some yoga pants and a few t-shirts from Lady Foot Locker for pretty cheap. The stuff is really comfy and I got two pair of pants and five shirts for $50!! Great deal. However, note to self, light colors are not attractive once you sweat. Last night, I looked like I pee'd on myself. Not cute! This was fortunately after running into random people that I knew at the gym. That would have been even less attractive!

Something to check out...
So I went out to the Nike.com website today to see what kind of women's stuff they had out there and noticed a section under their Women's pages with workouts. Its kind of neat, you get move by move instruction on how to do the workout and then you put it all together. I haven't tried it yet, but it looks like it might not be something bad to give a shot at on one of those days when I can't make it to the gym. Take a peak for yourself!
Nike Workout Link
Today's Quote:
Some say the glass is half empty, some say the glass is half full, I say, are you going to drink that?
--Lisa Claymen
posted by Elle Jefe at 2/08/2006 10:20:00 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home