Phat to Fabulous!

03 February 2006

We made it!

Thank goodness I made it to Friday! There were some points this week where I really didn't think it would happen, but here I sit. Who'd a thunk it? I have decided that today is my day off from the gym. I am not stupid, I am not trying to kill myself!

Today I came in and I was really excited to see that I got my first shout out from RLuv over at The Brown Spoon! Thanks man good looking out, and my appreciation for your clarification on the "special" comment. If you guys haven't had a chance to check out Rodney's Blog, take a peak. Fortunately, or unfortunately, we have very similar ways of writing and he might actually love "The Boondocks" more than me. If that's possible? Side Note: Sad that this Sunday is a re-run, but that's ok, it is still hilarious to see granddad take on a blind man in a good honest fight!

*singing* Back in the day, when I was young I'm not a kid anymore...
Oh my repertoire of music is endless! So I was thinking, I know that's dangerous, but still it dawned on me. Remember when I was in college back at Marquette and I was a size 10 and I thought I was so fat! Back then I could still shop at Express, Limited and Gap. It didn't matter what I ate, because when we were in college, the food sucked! All I ate was cereal or salad with the occasional stacked potato bar night thrown in, and when I wasn't at one of my 5 jobs, chatting on ISCA (whoa I went there) or in class, I was either out dancing the night away or in the gym. Instead of gaining the freshman fifteen I lost the freshman thirty! Did I think that in 10 years that this is where I would be? HE!! TO DA NAW! (Thank you Whitney Houston for giving me the proper words to express my feelings!) But seriously, if you had told me then that in the next ten years I would have been married with 2 kids and be carrying around an extra 70-80 pound a$$ behind me I would have laughed in your face. But at some point between 1996 and 2006, I got comfortable as most of us do. Comfortable with not exercising. Comfortable with eating 4 pieces of pizza instead of 2! Comfortable with that extra 10 pounds that oh wouldn't be a problem to lose, I am only 19 or I am only 21 or I am only 23, you get my drift. I got too daggone comfortable. And guess what, right now it makes me feel really uncomfortable. I welcome the discomfort, especially if it brings back my size 10 jeans!

Who needs a love seat when you have folding chairs. Who needs a flat screen 64" HDTV when you have a 13" toshiba from 1986! Who wants Boris Kodjoe, when you have Faizon Love? There has to become a point where we all realize that we are not comfortable with the stuff that we have just learned to accept over the years. Whether that be like me and deciding that it is no longer ok to shove food in my face out of boredom and sit on my a$$, or whether its a bad relationship that is going no where. When do we draw the line? When do we decide finally this $hit is uncomfortable and stop settling? Even if no one reads this I feel so Carrie in "Sex and the City" right now!

I am going to get in trouble for this I am sure...
But I was thinking, again, and I was wondering how many times a day do I see a commercial or advertisement for some pill that is supposed to be the wonder drug to losing those unwanted pounds. Or come to the Bariatric Treatment Center where we can discuss the options of stomach stapling or the cookie diet. Or call 1800JennyCraig! Or whatever the new craze is at the moment. Am I the only person who wants to lose weight without the side effects of "nausea, hear burn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea, tingling limbs, loss of limbs, sexual dysfunction, temporary loss of eye sight or hearing, growth and/or loss of hair in abnormal places, birth defects, cancer, risk of stroke or immaculate conception"????? Just a thought!

Today's Quote:
I’m not short and fat, I am just vertically challenged and horizontally blessed!
- ME (The L)
posted by Elle Jefe at 2/03/2006 10:52:00 AM

1 Comments:

Thank you, oh spitter of obscure 90's rap. You give me way too much credit, though. While I am up on the comic strip and books, i'm behind on the show. But I have seen some of them. After all, it's so good even Sharpton wants to ban it.

Anyway, these pharmaceutical companies think that maybe we'll take the commercial for what it looks like and ignore the oh so fine print they spew at the end. "Hey, we say it this low so they can't say we didn't tell them when something happens to them." It's hilariously stupid. Peace.

2/06/2006 6:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home