Phat to Fabulous!

13 February 2006

Plate or no plate, that is the question?

So in all of my travels this weekend, I pondered which was better plate or no plate. I went to a get together yesterday for a friend's daughter's birthday. As usual with these gatherings there is this evil table that includes all kinds of goodies that I definitely should keep myself away from. Of course you can never restrain yourself, so you try to see how many handfuls of Doritos you can get without anyone noticing. So plate or no plate? You figure if you don't get a plate it makes it more difficult to quantify how much $hit you really ate, versus if you piled it all high on a plate. But without a plate you look like the pig that goes over to the table 20 times over. Which is worse? I personally opt for the sly let me stroll past the table move, so I can grab a chip or two here and there, without anyone noticing, hopefully! Well those tables are evil! They are covered in calories, they automatically get refilled when something runs out, and they are right at hand height. Its just wrong! Party-throwers world wide, I say to you today, STOP THAT $HIT! I am here today to take a stand. My hips will no longer be victims of your delectable treats, my thighs will no longer be thunderous to the lightening strikes of your refilling bowls, my lips will no longer call out "Who ate the last corn chip", and my a$$ will no longer get its groove on to the sound of your crunchy goodness. I take a stand today! I will not befriend you any longer, you are evil and filled with tasty, yummy hate and from today forward I will stand on the other side of the room and look at you in complete and utter disgust! (Dang, I am on a roll today!)

Disclaimer: This message also applies to the following: buffet tables, all-you-can-eat restaurants (i.e. Ponderosa, Mold Country Buffet, Westins, Golden Corral, etc.) and office lunch/breakrooms world wide.

Anywho, I digress...
So the weekend was truly a test. A test, I believe, I failed. I suppose we are all allowed that one slip. I plan to not slip anymore. I have just under 6 months until Caribana and I plan to be able to shop in a non-plus sized store before I head to that trip. This weekend was in no way help in getting there though. I haven't made it to the gym since Friday, plus between my girls and my husband, I was running all weekend. To top it off, Saturday's festivities included going out to Louise's on Cathedral Park for dinner, which means I ate a huge Chicken Parmesan that I really didn't need. Go figure! Although, I did have a Tom Collins at Kenadee's which was sooooo good. I haven't had a Tom Collins in years. But this has to be my last slip. I can't take it, I have to stay focused and disciplined. Goal: Must only have one a$$ by August! I can take on the challenge.

Until next time peeps!

Today's Quote:
I have to exercise early in the morning before my brain figures out what I am doing.
--Unknown
posted by Elle Jefe at 2/13/2006 02:32:00 PM

1 Comments:

Standing O, Standing O!

About sneaking to the table:
They know, they ALWAYS know!

2/14/2006 3:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home