Phat to Fabulous!

14 February 2006

Does someone want my child?

So I go to weigh and measure myself this morning, because unfortunately it is that time again and I can't find my d@mn tape measure anywhere. It was rolled up all nicely in my bathroom and now its gone. I ask Jordan, my 5 year old, "Have you seen mommy's tape measure?" She says, "No, well ummm I think Kennedy (my almost 2 year old) had it." WTF! This is what I don't understand, Kennedy could pick her nose and Jordan feels the need to come running, "Mommy, Kennedy's picking her nose!" (Who cares its her nose, come yelling when she's picking your's!) But you see her with something you know good and darn well she shouldn't have and you don't say a word? How does that make sense? To a normal adult, it doesn't, however if you are 5, makes perfect since! Needless to say, I still don't know where my d@mn tape measure is, however I did manage to hop my butt on the scale. So here we go...
That means that since last week I somehow managed to lose 2 lbs. Since I started this blog I have managed to lose 3 lbs. Total since I started working out I have lost 18 lbs. In all honestly, I was completely surprised when I got on the scale, I was not expecting the numbers to change at all let alone go down. After this weekend, who'da thunk it! Now hopefully if I stick with it this week, I won't gain those 2 lbs right back.

*singing* I won't tell your secrets, your secrets are safe with meeeeeee...
Sorry, I was singing again, but I haven't done that in a minute. So I was thinking about those guilty pleasures we all have. I have plenty of them, especially when it comes to my music, I love me some "white people music" as my husband would tell you. Coldplay, Maroon 5, Joss Stone, Hall & Oates (*singing* Sara smiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiile, won't you smile a while for me, Saraaaaaa), Phil Collins, Michael McDonald, the list is really endless. That all comes from me being such a music whore though. I even can get into classical and opera. Hey what can I say, I used to play in the Milwaukee Youth Symphony Orchestra, ya girl is cultured. But think about it I have an eclectic taste in music, to put it mildly, I know. But I have other guilty pleasures other than the fact that "I can't live without my radio" and I love "My Adidas," most of my guilty pleasures are food. Anything chocolate and I am there. A good plate of Cuban food from Cafe Versailles in Little Havana with a side of a tall mojito and its nap time. To top it off carbohydrates will be the death of me. I eat more pasta, rice and breads than the average human. Trying to break myself of these vices has just become a real b!tch, although some have been easier than others. Now Cafe Versailles was an easy one. Seeing as how I live in Milwaukee, WI and 3555 S.W. 8th St., Miami, FL, USA is mapped to only be about 1557 miles away from where I live, believe me I checked, that really wasn't the difficult one. Now, keeping me from trying to turn my kitchen into Cafe Versailles for New Years (see below) was a little more difficult, but I am getting better!

Tostones, empanadas, yellow rice, red beans and rice. (Not pictured: 2 homemade traditional (not green) key lime pies, plantain chips with mojo sauce, black beans and homemade guacamole.

Now I can tell you chocolate has been difficult. I have been known to hit up a vending machine multiple times a day. However, as of recently I haven't been hitting it at all. I am getting my chocolate fixes by the 1 cup of hot chocolate I allow to replace my daily green tea once a week. The carbs are still a struggle, but I suppose everything in stride little whoadie, everything in stride!

Maybe I can just speak my desire for great dreams of weight loss into existence, like Cherry tried to do with her bust on that one episode of Punky Brewster, ("I must, I must, I must increase my bust.") Ok, maybe not. I guess I will just take my lazy a$$ to the gym again. Until next time.

Today's Quote:

I've decided that perhaps I'm bullimic and just keep forgetting to purge.

--Paula Poundstone

posted by Elle Jefe at 2/14/2006 01:21:00 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home