Phat to Fabulous!

22 February 2006

I really need to stop watching MTV!

So life for me has really been crazy busy and hectic. I made it to the gym yesterday, but not today by the time I made it home to get changed I wouldn't have had enough time to make it the gym for a decent workout. I need to really get back in my groove I don't want to lose my momentum. I have 5 months, 1 week and 6 days until I depart for Caribana and I am determined to do so in style. Lately with all of the craziness going on in my life, I have had too many late nights up watching television. Why oh why I always end up with my television on MTV, I don't know but I really need to stop that $hit! Nothing good has come from me watching stuff on MTV. So last night, I am doing my crunches and I catch on television, True Life: I'm on Steroids. I must make it a point to say that as I watched this madness, I vowed to myself I would not watch this hot a$$ mess again. Especially as I saw previews for True Life: I'm a competitive Eater! That $hit is nasty! Anyway back to the subject at hand. This episode of True Life followed the lives of Peter, Roger and Brian.

Peter - Peter gets steroid shots in the a$$ that are administered by a "family friend," whole scenario seems kind of questionable if you ask me, in hopes of getting the cover of a fitness magazine. All those nights letting his "family friend" poke him in the backside only partially pay off, he gets a spread in a fitness magazine, but not a cover. He decides that the anabolic steroids probably aren't the way to go. Uh, Duh?

Roger - Roger is a martial artist that takes steroids to help his game. He gets shots in the a$$ by his "dealer" who of course only appears on the screen as a blurry circle with a voice and body. He goes pro and decides maybe he should stop taking steroids before someone finds out. He wins fight after fight steroid free after that. Good idea Rog, you really weren't getting that buff anyway!

Brian - Oh Brian, where to begin. Brian was not so subtly gay and wanted to get the attention of the pretty people in the world by having a "hot body." Brian got his steroids from any number of sources hoping that he's getting his money's worth and not getting a deadly batch. Apparently, winning a strip contest at the local club is really worth all of this! Um, yeah no, not so much! Brian ends up going into a nutty downward spiral and getting depressed which he then blames on the steroids that he was before loving for all of his newfound attention, go figure!

Needless to say, all of this made me think, I haven't done that in a while, been too busy. And I have come up with yet another countdown. Reasons why not to take steroids:
  1. You get all of the emotions of Jekyll, Hyde, Larry, Curly, Moe and any number of Snow White's friends
  2. You get large amounts of scary acne that make you look like a connect the dots book that my five year-old owns
  3. Your manly parts become a lot less manly
  4. If your a chick, your girly parts become a lot more manly
  5. Its not a good idea to inject yourself with anything that comes by Priority mail from Dubai with hand drawn do-it-yourself instructions
  6. You really aren't getting that buff anyway, if you are going to take them shouldn't you look like Lou Ferrigno or something?
  7. You have to have some guy named Vinnie come and give you a shot in your a$$! Are you really comfortable with that?
Its VH1 for me from here on out!
So tonight I have decided to change up from MTV to VH1. So far, I have yet to be annoyed or completely disgusted yet, except for that two seconds where they showed Puffy's mama, Janice Combs! Ugh! Anyway, I got a little motivation from Celebrity Fit Club. Next week is the finale, I will have to make sure to watch, there have been some big changes on there and I am excited to see how they all end up. I could take some cues from them. Hmmm, VH1 is now my channel of choice? Am I getting old? I'm only on my 2nd anniversary of my 25th birthday!

Back to business!
Tomorrow I really need to get back in business. I have prepared my notebook to keep track of my food. I plan to hit the grocery store, I am running low on my veggies and fruits. I need to get some refills. That will definitely help me to stay on track.

Time for nighty night! TTFN! Send me your positive vibes, so I can get back on the road to fabulous-ness!!

Today's Quote:
I have gained and lost the same ten pounds so many times over and over again my cellulite must have dÃjà vu.
--Jane Wagner
posted by Elle Jefe at 2/22/2006 09:39:00 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home