Phat to Fabulous!

24 April 2006

The Brats are back!

So where did my week go? My kids were gone for a week, I had this huge list of "to-do's" that I wanted to get done while they were gone. Clean the house, mop all the floors, do laundry, pull up the carpet in Jordan's room, blah, freaking blah, freaking blah. Out of that list I was able to accomplish cleaning...uh yeah no, ummm, but I did pull up the....oh wait no I didn't do that either, but I know that I did get a chance to do all the lau....aaah hell I didn't do shit while they were gone! That's 7 days I will never get back, oh well, I got some relaxing in, kind of, well hell no I didn't do that either. All of my friends kept calling me saying, "Hell you don't have kids this week, let's....." Needless to say, I think the husband and I were busier than we are when the kids are here! Oh well, we had fun! That's what matters right?

Let's go in The Garage!
So Friday the husband and I had a busy schedule, I thought I would get out of work early, well that didn't happen. We ended up going to a birthday party for a friend of mine I went to high school with. The party was at the Garage. It was pretty cool, lots of people, decent music and a bar, hell that's all I need for a good time! Now, I will say I love going to the east side of Milwaukee to shop, however going out is a pain in the ass! There is absolutely no where to park, ever! I think we must have drove around for 30 mins just looking for a parking space, I ended up parking on a street that resembled an alley that you would see in one of those horror movies where a man with a chainsaw jumps out tries to cut you up and serve you for dinner to his mother and 3 snakes, 13 dogs, 8 cats, 3 hamsters and 1 rat. You know what I mean. Fortunately, I was with the husband, so at least he would run and get help if I were to get attacked....I know my husband, he doesn't like crime and he's no idiot, you have a gun, I don't, no need for discussion, run!! Chuck better be happy I like him, because if I only kind of liked you I would have went home, all that damn time riding around the blocks looking for parking. Once we found a spot and got inside it was nice though. I saw some people from high school I haven't seen in years. Some good and some eh I could care less...you know what I mean. But we had fun and the bartenders poured my Hennessey and cranberry and it was not Cranberry and a sip of Henn! My kind of spot!

Saturday emergency!
So it was Saturday morning, no kids...yet....no ballet lessons, no one screaming for breakfast...nothing to do, but to sleep in. Well maybe not, how about the phone rang at 9:15, mind you I was laying the bed awake, trying to convince myself I should take advantage of this last morning of freedom and go back to sleep. It was my dad, stepdad actually, who never ever ever calls. Well, he had just gotten pretty sick, my mom was at her biweekly mani/pedi appt and my little brother had to be at a music lesson. He asked if I would take him ok, no problem, what time does he have to be there, well ummm 9:30, ok well no time for the 3 S's let me throw on some pants I will be right over. So I have one leg in my pants, and the husband says I was going to go to the gym, but I don't have any gas, well you better get up and get your stuff on, where my brother had his lesson was right around the corner from the gym, no point in two trips. He whined and groaned a bit and finally got up and got some clothes on and we were at my parents' house in 12 minutes. I get there, my brother is waiting at the door ready to go looking less awake than Chris and I, he slowly walks out to the door as though it isn't 3 minutes to his rehearsal practice that it will take me at least 15 minutes to get to. My dad proceeds to walk out of the house to tell me about how he thinks that he is having a bout with food poisoning and as usual he is just about to give a few details too many, when I start backing out to the driveway saying alright we will see you later I should get him there. Eeeeeeewww! Why do old people always feel the need to do that, share with you info on the color, consistency, smell and everything else, I don't want to know that shit about my shit, I sure don't want to know that shit about your shit! Anywho, got the brother to the gym, got to the gym got my workout on , got some errands ran and got home. Did some cleaning up and guess who decided to get home? My babies! Looking like trouble and more trouble! I really did miss my babies. Oh well back to the grind!

The rest of the weekend was pretty uneventful, cleaning and laundry and all the stuff I wanted to do while the girls were gone. I never even got dressed yesterday I found myself making dinner still wearing my pajamas. I made a good Chicken Jambalaya ummmm, umm, um! I don't normally like a lot of pre-made and boxed meals, but I was walking down the aisle where they have Hamburger Helper and stuff and I found a new Chicken Helper, Chicken Jambalaya. Out of intrigue I picked it up. I made it and was pleasantly surprised. To top it off, it was under 300 calories a serving even with the chicken, I think. Not bad, eh?

How the hell did that happen?
So I was on MySpace the other day and saw a comment from a friend from High School and it actually hit me, its been 10 years since I graduated, that means one of those reunions! Ugh! I really wouldn't normally even care about going to my reunion except one of my best friends/sister was the class president, so I pretty much won't have much of a choice. Uh damn, one more reason to get on those damned crunches I suppose. Last week was shitty for my eating, this week I am back at trying to be good. Plus I am poor, that tends to help keep me away from the bad stuff. No money to buy it with, no temptation! Damn maybe I should always be poor, I would lose this weight in no time! :)

Well its past my bed time, let me get off of here. I'll holla at you good people tomorrow, or today I suppose...whatever you know what I mean. Holla at ya girl!

Today's Quote:
I told my doctor I get very tired when I go on a diet, so he gave me pep pills. Know what happened? I ate faster.
~Joe E. Lewis
posted by Elle Jefe at 4/24/2006 10:34:00 PM

8 Comments:

It's so funny that you have an Outkast video up, because I was just about to put up that "In Due Time" video.

Sounds like you had fun at the spot. Henn and Cran, sounds pretty good (even though I can't drink it).

And YUCK at your stepdad's extra details. I feel ya. I called my Aunt one day, but my uncle answered. So he proceeds to tell me about his large prostate. I'm like look dude, I don't even know you like that.

4/25/2006 9:18 AM  

well, you had some fun!! henny and cranberry....hmmm? don't do brown, but that sounds interesante!!! and i hope your kids came back cutting the hell up, tearin the place down!!!! :-P

4/25/2006 12:24 PM  

Color, consistency, smell and everything else?

Oh heeeelll nah. Waaay too much info for my ass. I woulda had to do a quick u-turn and drop his behind back at the house! LOL

4/25/2006 1:00 PM  

LMAO.. hahaaaaaaaaaaaaa u had a helluva weekend LOL :) but I know you missed dem babies..

now your life is back to NORMAL

4/25/2006 1:02 PM  

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4/25/2006 1:28 PM  

@liquor & tv - outkast was my joint back in the day. southernplayalistic is still one of my fav albums, i used to love crumblin' erb! that song was the ish! btw - loves my hen and cran!

@bear - you knew exactly what i was talking about though didn't you! lol jak away!

@miss a - i don't do white, that is my drink of choice, you don't find my cabinets at home stocked unless there is some hen in the place. i drink it with cranberry or red bull. as for the kids, you know they did, came back tearing ish up, i just wanted to tell they asses to sit down, but i was trying to be the nice mommy and not the yelling mommy since they had just got back. yelling mommy returned on monday.

@sylvia - yeah TMI! he didn't come with us just my brother did, i left my stepdad in the driveway talking to his daggone self! eewwww!

@diva - if by normal you mean crazy, then yes, we are right back where we were! lol i can't lie we did miss em. it cracked us up to talk to the youngest on the phone everyday, she wouldn't give anyone else the phone and you would try to say bye and she would just keep going like she doesn't hear you. bad butt! 2 years old tryin to run thangs!

4/25/2006 1:30 PM  

Yes, that crumblin herb track is the truf

4/25/2006 4:00 PM  

I'm jealous!! U had way more fun than I did!! LOL

U know u missed the babies :-)

My mother used to do that...call me like 5 minutes before she has to be somewhere and it's a 20 minute trip.

The cookies looked yummy...They wouldnt have lasted 5 minutes in my presence!

4/25/2006 9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home