Phat to Fabulous!

10 April 2006

If I repeat "I don't hate him", will I believe it?

Good Monday morning to everyone. I am trying to be positive about the day, on my way into work it was already almost 50 degrees outside and it is supposed to be in the mid-60s today and the rest of the week, plus the sun is shining. I know 50s and 60s isn't that warm, but hell this is Wisconsin so give me my one moment of excitement. I am at work, trying to get through emails from the weekend, because these people don't know how to work over the weekends. Dirty BAAASTAHDS! However, through all the positive vibes I am trying to dish out, my husband is testing me today. I get an email from him this morning from work that says:

Morning, So I decided that I should probably start putting some good weight back on for football and when I say good I mean muscle, but darn it I can’t gain. I weighed myself this morning 208lbs and I ate an entire Papa John’s pizza on Friday and Saturday (I ate bad this weekend), what’s up with that.


Oh no he didn't! WTF! Is he serious? Has he lost his fucking mind? Does he have a death wish? How was this a good idea? To send an email to your wife about how you can't gain weight when you know she is busting her ass trying to lose weight! I love my husband, I love my husband! I won't even start complaining about him and this football thing. I am being the supportive wife, fortunately I like sports, otherwise I am the bitch that would be like you want to do what? Oh HELL TO DA NAW! I will try to be good and not smack him over the head, but seriously, this man! I say often, if I didn't love my husband, I would hate. Thank goodness I love him so much! I responded and said: Are you expecting sympathy from me here? Just want to know my duties as a wife!

*singing* Back in the day when I was young I'm not a kid anymore...
I just thought I would share. Back when before kids, I was always the heaviest of all my friends and that always made me feel like I was fat. But you know I was going through some old pictures and I wish I was there again. I have come to the conclusion, I was really not all the big, I had some skinny ass friends, but I was pretty average size. I could shop at the Gap and Express and all the other mainstream stores and the only real problem was whether or not all the baggage I was carrying up top would fit in that shirt or not. I wonder if having a bunch of skinny friends might not have helped to allow me to gain weight and not really think about it. I always had a poor self image so when I started getting bigger I was already just used to being the big girl in the group? Oh to reminisce! *rapping* I reminisce for a spell, or shall I say think back, 22
years ago to keep it on track, The birth of a child on the 8th of october, A
toast but my granddaddy came sober....
Oh let me stop, y'all don't know
nothing 'bout that!.

Recipe - Baked Chicken Parmesan
So I will tell everyone that I am by no means a Betty Crocker, but this is a recipe that came from my mom when she was on Weight Watchers. Its easy and pretty tasty, so I thought I would share.

Servings: 2
Prep Time: 40 minutes

Ingredients:
2 egg whites
1/3 cup
Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
1 Tsp paprika
4 Tbsp reduced-fat Parmesan cheese, grated, divided
2 portions chicken breast (about 1/2 lb)
2 portions spinach pasta (about 4 oz uncooked)
1 cup low-fat pasta sauce
2 cups baby spinach leaves

Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, beat egg white with fork until slightly frothy. Then, mix breadcrumbs, paprika and 2 tablespoons of reduced-fat Parmesan cheese in a pie plate.
3. Dip chicken breasts in egg whites and then into the breadcrumb mixture, coating both sides.
4. Lightly coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Place chicken breasts on the baking sheet; bake for approximately 12 more minutes, until chicken is no longer pink in the center
and coating is golden brown.
5. White the chicken is baking; prepare spinach pasta according to its directions.
6. In a a small saucepan, warm pasta sauce over medium heat.
7. Divide spinach leaves between two separate plates. Layer portions of warm spinach pasta and baked chicken breasts over spinach leaves. Top with pasta sauce and remaining Parmesan cheese.

Serve and enjoy.

Back in the game
So I took the weekend off from the gym, as I usually do. Although, I think I burned some calories getting worked up over the fight Saturday night. But today is Monday time to get back in the game. Wish me luck! Time to go get some work done. Holla at ya girl, I'm out!


Today's Quote:
If it wasn't for my superior willpower, I might be exercising right now!
~Unknown
posted by Elle Jefe at 4/10/2006 10:31:00 AM

10 Comments:

@4 kids - girl you know your man, would blow over if the wind hit him at the right angle. they all make me sick. if you figure out how to rewire yourself, let me know i might need to borrow your wire paths as well.

@tigerkiss - girl, the good thing about the recipe is its not bad for you! so let your mouth water away! :)

4/10/2006 3:30 PM  

First time stopping by and I will def be back. I'm on the journey of losing weight as well..good luck and I will keep you in my prayers..let me update by reading more lol

4/10/2006 3:42 PM  

Thanks for that video...I love Maroon 5.

I got a pic of my back in high school sitting in that SAME pose, wearing that SAME shirt. I think I got it from the GAP.

And the recipe looks good. Looks like something I'll try.

4/10/2006 5:16 PM  

I just copied that recipe for myself

4/10/2006 8:40 PM  

@honey-libra - thanks for stopping by, glad you liked my place.

@i like liquor and tv - hey what a coincidence, i like liquor and tv too! lol was your pic from expressly portraits too! $10 a sheet!

@professorGQ - try it, its yummy! my kids and husband even like it!

4/10/2006 9:08 PM  

naw it was this place in ATL called Harry's. He was the most famous ghetto photographer in the city..and all the pics said HARRY across the bottom..lol

4/11/2006 7:32 AM  

@liquor & tv - i know exactly the kind of place you are talking about. i think every city has a harry's, i have some of those pics too!

4/11/2006 9:13 AM  

Just stomping on through...You will be added to my daily reads...too hilarious...Don't you hate friends like that? But I was the skinny heffa who couldn't fill out the shirts

I copied the recipe...Let's pray that I don't burn the apartment down trying to cook it....

4/11/2006 11:49 AM  

Sunofab*tich...

Hon, you just hang in there. Don't let his obliviousness get you down.

He doesn't have a clue and I get the feeling he's digging you anyways!!

4/11/2006 11:08 PM  

@tenacious - thanks for stopping and thanks for the add to your page, i will have to do the same because you blog is hilarious! i do hate those friends, they always have the nerve to try to complain that they are fat, ummm when you have 2 asses, call me! lol and about the food, don't worry i can't cook for shit and i didn't burn it so you should be ok.

@djn - fortunately for me my husband has always said that he finds me attractive as the day we first met, but i try to keep my head up as i struggle with this weight. it was depressing the first day i realized i weighed more than him. gosh i love that asshole! lol

4/12/2006 10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home