Phat to Fabulous!

04 April 2006

You don't think I am going to eat that do you?

So, today's post will be relatively short, since I spent a bit of time, playing along with my blog buddies in a game of tag and its way past my bedtime. I spent my entire day in a meeting, trying to stay awake and I found that meetings at our Corporate Training Center are more dangerous than I previously percieved! First, we already know that they have better tasting food in that cafeteria than in any other building the company has. Plus, when you walk the halls they are throughout the day replenished with snacks and beverages galore! Great just what my hips needed! Boredom, also, does not help matters, as I found myself, after about the 43rd slide on OFCCP Compliance (don't ask, save yourself), dozing off. I could feel my head and eyes getting heavier and heavier and I had to do something quick to bring me back in. All around the room there are these little candy dishes full with jolly ranchers and hershey's kisses. That's fine, they are small dishes, but when you have to eat darn near every candy in the dish to stay awake, you know this is not a good sign!

However, let me reel this in so you can understand the title of today's blog. After lunch...I tried to be good, stuck to the salad bar, mostly...I mentioned to the woman next to me that I had surpassed the sweets. She says, "Oh do you want some of this cookie." Um no, I think to myself, I don't know you like that. She says, "No, here really you can have half, I am not going to eat the whole thing anyways." I say, "No thank y..." and she plops half of a cookie on my plate with her bare freaking hands! WTF! Now I might be a big girl, but I am by no means starving. Even if I were starving what makes you think that I would want a cookie that you just put on my plate with your bare hands, that have been God knows where? Are you freaking crazy? Needless to say that cookie spent the rest of the afternoon in the same spot until I got a chance to throw it away on a break! People are a trip I tell you!

After the meeting...
I made it the gym for a well-deserved workout! YAY! Until next time, holla at your girl!

Today's Quote:
Dieting is the penalty for exceeding the feed limit.
~Unknown
posted by Elle Jefe at 4/04/2006 11:08:00 PM

5 Comments:

*LMAO*
What the HELL kind of Compliance Training did you have to go through that took all day. What are teaching it? I'm sure I might be off the mark, but compliance at my job only takes an hour. Then again, I'm not in HR(which I did not know you did). I'm so sorry for you, hon.

Now that last part brought a tear to my eys because I remember being around a situation like that. A co-worker at this big console in our room when one of the cleaning crew came in to do some stuff. He came over to where we were and talked to us for a minute. he was telling us that some other department must have had a party or something and that there was some stuff still out from it. He then proceeds to pull a cookie out of his jacket wrapped in nothing resembling a napkin, plastic or anything else outside of his hands, and holds it out to my co-worker and asks him if he wanted one. I did everything I could to contain myself until dude left. I STILL laugh about that mess. As a matter of fact, I continue to bring this up to my (now former) co-worker sometimes when we have quarterly lunches. Hilarious!

4/05/2006 12:54 AM  

rodney - i will not even go into explaining the training I had to be in. if i did you would instantly fall asleep and my readership would drop significantly. lol how did you not know i did hr, i have been doing this for years!

as for the cookie incident, it is also, because of stuff like this that i don't eat at those work food days. if i don't see you wash your hands when you are at work, why would i think you would at home when you make are making this food for all to consume. thanks, but no thanks, don't trust ya!

4/05/2006 6:10 AM  

ok, that was BARF-tastic. i saw that study on how many funky germs people carry on their hands (pee, masturbation juice, hair, live germs that cause sicknesses, etc) and she needed to be slapped!!

4/05/2006 3:46 PM  

miss a - exactly! i figured out that my whole skin issue was probably because of nasty ass people! at the gym they have stuff for people to wipe off the machines when they get done, but half of them never do, i am now beyond anal about it all! i have to clean the machine before i use it, and use hand sanitizer and repeat all after i use it! its just gross!

4/05/2006 3:50 PM  

Thanks for stopping by tigerkiss!

4/06/2006 12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home