Phat to Fabulous!

03 April 2006

Who thought this was a good idea?

So this morning I just couldn't bring myself to get out of the bed. This daylight savings thing kicks my ass every year! Yesterday, I took a nap with Kennedy which turned into a 3 hour long snooze. I thought that just maybe that would help me be good today, not so much. My alarm went off at 5:15 this morning and I hit that snooze button I don't know how many times. By the time I actually dragged my ass out of bed it was 6:35am! I should have been walking out of my house in ten minutes. I didn't really care too much though. The last time I was running really, really late, I called and left my boss a message and got to work and he saw me and was like 'hi!' I asked him if he had gotten my message, he was like oh no not yet, I was just thinking why did I bother! I have come to the same conclusion as Divine Oasis, who said: "i may do a call and no-show OR a no-call and late-show. never a no-call no-show." My employer always knows that if I am not at my desk in the actual office, I will soon be hopping online from wherever I may land that day, and he doesn't seem to mind at all.

What made getting out of the bed this morning that much more difficult? I remembered as I turned on the news this morning to check the weather, that today was opening day for the Brewers. That meant a few things, expect a few folks to call in "sick," don't expect to see any news on the news this morning, and stay away from Miller Park, because that's where all the drunk people will be this morning. There is no need in the world to offer people in Milwaukee, Beertown, U.S.A., a reason to begin drinking at 10am if not earlier! I was hoping there would be one good thing about the day though. Hopefully all of the drunk people that would be at the sold out Brewers-Pirates game would be too hungover by 5pm to come go to the gym! By the way the Brewers won.

I was right!
The drunk people did stay home and/or passed out at Miller Park, in either case, I don't really care, because the gym was not completely and totally packed like it has been the past few Mondays. Plus there was a bonus of the Daylight Savings Time, I was able to walk out of the gym tonight after a good workout, and there was still sunlight! Its a lot harder for people to try to steal you car when it is still light outside. The workout today was good, I got in 20 minutes on the bike, 20 minutes on the treadmill, and 160 crunches. I took off today from my weights since I took the weekend off, I need to ease my body back into the workout. I felt a good rush after hitting the gym today, came home got dinner on and now I am on here. I am thinking I am going to go iron my clothes for the morning in case I have another morning battle with the snooze button. I have an all day meeting tomorrow at our Corporate Training Center and I don't want to be late to that.

Site to Check Out!
While I was at the gym, I took a peak at the March 2006 VIBE magazine, which was delivered to my house some time ago, yet I had yet to have the chance to pop it open. While I have yet to hit the article, "The Way We Wore," which is a look at some of the mess we used to this was fashionable back in the day. Oh the horrors! I happened to come across "Body Rock" an article on actress A.J. Johnson (Inkwell, Baby Boy). I liked watching her on VH1's old show "Flab to Fab." The article was all about her personal fitness training business The AJ Zone. Check out the site, they do have the option for membership starting at $10.95 a month, it looks like it might have some pretty useful information and tips on it.


Until next time peeps! Holla at ya' girl!

Today's Quote:
Thou shalt not weigh more than thy refrigerator.
~Unknown
posted by Elle Jefe at 4/03/2006 10:13:00 PM

5 Comments:

Love the quote... and the blog in general!

P.S. I'm still learning a lot about html, etc. How'd you get the "have you seen us" box in your blog?

Ha... this blog seriously cracks me up! Great writing!!

4/04/2006 1:26 AM  

U'vE BEeN tAggEd!!!!
ha ha

here are the rules.

(1)only women can be tagged
(2)u must list at yr crushes in the following categories
(3) tag three others.
(4) let the fun begin!!!

--white guys
--black dudes
--old men
--first ever celeb crush
--and embarassing celeb crush
--women (this is optional, not evryone goes that way...)


check the comment section of my first post to see who has already been tagged...

4/04/2006 8:14 AM  

ok, are you TOTALLY ignoring the fact that i tagged your ASS yesterday?!??! i swear! GASP! u aint gonna make it to caribana if you dont post your answers :-). lala, check your comments from yesterday or my blog!

4/04/2006 8:57 AM  

(remembering old beer commercial) "Old Milwaukee, tastes as great as it's name"... or something like that.

Oh my dear L. Surely you didn't forget that A.J. also starred in the smash/cult/classic hits, "School Daze" and "House Party", did you! For shame if you did.

4/04/2006 4:08 PM  

yours truly - thanks for the complements. as for the have you seen us link on the side bar, i will shoot you over an email with the html language and you can see if that works for you.

oh dear kween - between you and miss a i don't know what to do with y'all and these tags. i will try to get something posted in the tomorrow, i have been in training all day today and will be in a meeting all morning tomorrow. lucky me!

miss a - i am not ignoring you, ma! i's sorry i have been in meeting hell, i promise i will post a response to your tag by tomorrow.

rodney - i have an old milwaukee and a milwaukee's best t-shirt! hahahah! you are too much!

and no i didn't want to show my age so much by letting the whole blog world know that i know the difference between a wannabe and a jiggaboo or how she outdanced kid in house party. but now thanks to you i have been outed, thanks, big daddy sho-nuff! lol

4/04/2006 10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home