Phat to Fabulous!

07 April 2006

Another week down!

So its Friday night, I have been to the gym every day since Monday and do I feel any different? Not really, is there any miraculous difference since last week, of course not. You know its really hard when I get on the scale and it says that I am down 24 pounds since I started on this journey and I don't see anything difference. I know, I know its harder to see the change in yourself and I know 24 pounds is a long way off from where I need to be in the end. But still, this shit annoys the hell out of me. Even more traumatizing, is the fact that countdown clock over there to your right has dropped below the 4 month mark between now and my Caribana trip! Like Curtis Mayfield once said, *singing* I got to keep on pushing!

Another day at the grind!
So its 9:45 pm, I have been to work, been to get kids, been to the gym, come home and made dinner, and now I have finally stopped moving. I realize each day how much shit I do and it just never stops. Although, there is light at the end of the tunnel. Next Saturday, my girls are off to Junction City, LA, to visit their great-grandmother on my husband's side! No kids for the husband and I for a whole week. WHOOOOO HOOOOOO! We won't know what to do with ourselves. Granted we will still be working, I have big plans. I want to try to make it to go see ATL, maybe go roller skating, and then get some cleaning done. I know the last one really isn't that exciting, but you don't know how wonderful it will be to get it done without a bunch of little people coming right behind you just fuck it up all over again! Plus, the Friday before they come back the husband and I will be heading down to Indianapolis for the Lowrider Magazine Car Show at the Indianapolis Statefair Grounds! Last year this show was huge, it took us 8 hours just to get checked in with my husband's car club. I am excited, though! This is a nice show, because even though it is a Lowrider car show, there are usually a decent amount of imports there are just different things you don't see everywhere. This year David Banner is performing, last year it was Trillville and Ying Yang Twins...well actually it was only Ying....or maybe it was Yang...hell I don't know which it was, but isn't there some Chinese proverb that says that its against the rules to have Ying without the Yang? I'm jus' sayin'! Of course with every car show there comes the fair share of naked hoes, but I think I have prepared myself for that as usual.

Something for you to check out...
So I came across this site and I thought I would share. It is a website called Every Diet.com. It seems very informative. It has a list of most of the diets you hear about out there and it goes through eat one. It tells you the essential points of each diet and the benefits and drawbacks of each one. It is actually pretty good. It is worth taking a peak, before you make any drastic decisions on changing you diet.

Fundraising Benefit to Aide Search Efforts In Finding Quadrevion Henning and Purvis Virginia Parker (This was taken directly from the V100 website)
Featuring Performances By... Jacob Latimore, Under5ive, Le’Che Martin and Cincere
At The Riverside Theater TOMORROW--April 8

V100.7 (WKKV-FM) invites Milwaukeeans to band together in a benefit to raise awareness and funding for the search efforts in locating missing Milwaukee boys Quadrevion Henning and Purvis Virginia Parker. The benefit will take place at The Riverside Theater Saturday, April 8 at 6 p.m.

The event will be hosted by V100.7’s Reggie Brown, Wolf D and Minister Melvin Hood. Featured performers include Jacob Latimore, Hip Hop and Christian Rapper Under5ive, R&B and Hip Hop Sensation Le’Che Martin and Milwaukee R&B Favorite Cincere.

Other performers include nationally acclaimed 20-month year old drummer Julian Pavone and Quinlin Bishop dedicating his beloved song “Come Home” to finding Quadrevion and Purvis.

Representatives from Wisconsin Clearing House for Missing and Exploited Children and Adults, a resource for both law enforcement and families in investigating cases involving missing and abducted children, will be on hand with literature and available to answer questions.

Tickets go on sale Wednesday, April 5 for $5.00 at the Riverside Theater Box Office and all Milwaukee Playmakers Sports Center locations (2230 N. Martin Luther King Dr, 5325 W Fond du Lac Ave. and 4625 W. North Ave).

100% of proceeds from ticket sales will be donated to The Henning Parker Reward Fund. Additional donations will be accepted at The Riverside Theater during the event.

More information on this event and ways you can assist in search efforts can be found at http://www.henningparker.com/.

Contact: Cecilia Hrobsky at (414) 286-3611, chrobsky@pabsttheater.org, orBailey Coleman at 414-944-5124, bailey.coleman@clearchannel.com

Today's Quote:
A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand.
~Unknown
posted by Elle Jefe at 4/07/2006 09:36:00 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home