Phat to Fabulous!

18 April 2006

*singing* I just don't know what to do with myself!

So the weekend is passed the husband and I shipped off the kiddies with their grandma and titi and we have the whole house to ourselves. The weekend was good nothing really special. I never made it to the gym on Friday, I needed to get home and get the girls situated and packed, plus I wanted to braid up Jordan's hair so that no one would have to do her hair for the week. Braiding hair at our house is always a battle! She is so tenderheaded and just a drama queen in general, plus she has yet to figure out that in the battle between her versus me and the comb and brush, I will always win. So just chill out and let me get this done and over with. I did more laundry this past weekend trying to get clothes and stuff clean for the girls then I think my washer and dryer have seen for some time. My king sized bed was stacked with clothes, that I still have yet to put away. Saturday was spent getting everything thrown in the suitcase for them, running to my mom's to pick up their Easter baskets and running to Target to pick up stuff that they needed. By the time I looked up it was 4:30 and time to get them to my sister-in-law's house. I got them situated and chilled out at my mom's house for a bit, because the husband was still at work. No point in sitting at home by myself. He came in we got some food and one of his friends stopped by they played x-box and I watched tv and hopped on the computer to do some work for a bit. At one point, I had the urge to tell him to turn the damn surround sound on the tv down, he was going to wake up the kids, and then I remembered, WHAT KIDS? They're gone!

Easter Sunday came, weather was mild and sunny and we realized we didn't have the normal holiday rat race going from this house to that. We decided not to attend the local church fashion show, I mean Easter Service. Now usually the whole family goes out to a fancy smancy restaurant for Easter dinner, because when my one aunty passed away, my other aunt and my mom decided that they would only cook for Christmas and Thanksgiving. So for Easter we usually go out to eat. Well my aunt is a little special and she and my mom have a rather on again off again relationship, she is my mother's sister-in-law. Anyways, moms called my aunt to see what we were doing for Easter a few weeks back and she was like oh well I figured we would just all do our own thing with our own families, I was just going to cook something for us. Ummm, ok why would you assume that when we never do that! Whatever! So my mom and I went back and forth for a while about well, what do you want to do? I don't know what do you want to do? Needless to say we never made reservations anywhere and my mom just decided to put on a turkey breast at her house, works for me, I's po' anyways! On top of this, the husband's mom and sister were gone with the girls, and his dad wasn't doing anything, because his wife (the husband's parent's are divorced) was out of town as well. I welcomed the lack of celebratory events for the Easter holiday. I woke up at like 9 and did some stuff around the house, told the hubby to get up and get dressed so we could make a run before we had to be to my mom's between 3:30 and 4. So we got up, got out and hit the movies and went to see "ATL." It was actually a pretty good movie, plus I will take an hour and forty minutes of looking at T.I.'s fine self any day. We got out of the movie at 3:20 and headed to mom's house, and made it there right at like 3:40. My mom was surprised, we never get anywhere on time, we sat and had a relaxing dinner, no drama, it was great! We went home and pretty much did nothing after dinner, except to get ready to get back at the grind for Monday.

Monday came and went and I thought I would get a chance to do a post and no suck luck. I was busy with stuff here at work and I was trying to escape early so that I could try to get to the gym, bank and home to shower before the Bucks game last night. By he time I left work, I didn't have time to make it to the gym. I did have time to get home change clothes and get to the carwash to wash my car in one of those do-it-yourself stalls and vacuum her out really nice. The things that vacuum picked up! Whew child, it was crazy when I took that car seat out of there. But I went to pick up the husband from work, so we could take one car downtown to get to the Bucks game. Its great to be able to do these things without having to beg for a babysitter! My boss's boss had the corporate box so we went and enjoyed the Bucks beating the Pistons. Not that that really meant anything since they are both already in the playoffs, but it was still nice, especially since there were way too many Pistons fans in the place last night. I will say that watching the game from the suite is bad on the hips. You get there they have a nice spread of chips and fruit and nuts. Then for food-food they had hot wings and hot dogs. And when I finished I thought that was it, then my boss's boss looks at me and goes let's go desserts here, the catering people go around to the suites wheeling around this cart with all kinds of different layered cakes and cheesecakes and cookies and homemade ice cream. Evil bitches! You know I ate some though. I had no willpower, I haven't had ice cream in forever! I had a chocolate chip cookie with vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup on top. I know that's bad, but just think I could have had the snicker cheesecake! And I did check before making a selection to see if they had anything low-fat or sugar free, which they didn't, but I should at least get extra credit for asking right?

My friends are nuts!
With the kids being gone, do you know how many voicemail messages I have gotten since Saturday from my friends, mainly Amaya and Kye, and everytime I don't get a chance to answer my phones these heiffas leave a message talking about I know you are getting your grown folk on! Y'all have issues! We have been married 5 years this June, and been together 9 years total. We don't do the grown folk no more! Well we do, but I wasn't when y'all called heiffas!

Operation Get Terri A Man!
So I don't normally put my girls on blast like this, ok, well I do kind of, but this is for a good cause. I am feeling an urge to do something philanthropic to assist a charitable cause that will help to better my community and the lives of the people around me. My friend, Terri, is of the belief that she will be single for the rest of her life, because she can't seem to come across not one decent man. She thinks that they might be extinct. So I am on a mission to find her a decent man. If you or someone your know is interested in my friend, please contact me by clicking here or leave a message in the comment section. Terri is a nice girl, she is an equal opportunity employer (she likes men of all flavors), she likes long walks in the park (ok well I am not sure about this, but it always sounds good) and kickin' it with the girls. You must have all of your own teeth, preferably no grillz, you must have limited baby mama drama, preferably none, you must have a job, you must have your own place (no renting the basement from your mama does not count), you must have your own car (preferably one from this millennium), you cannot have hair longer than hers (mullets need not apply), you must be able to keep beat at the club (this white girl can get her groove on) and you must be presentable enough to eat dinner with in public (ugly men need not apply). Please note that all applications are subject to approval, by me and if you are denied approval, trust you will be put on blast!

Back to the grind!
So I need to get back to work, so that I can get out of here today to actually get to the gym. I feel like a slacker now that I see how motivated T. Bear is being. Let me get off of here and be productive for a change. I'll talk to y'all later, until then....holla at ya girl!

Today's Quote:
I'm not into working out. My philosophy: No pain, no pain.
~Carol Leifer
posted by Elle Jefe at 4/18/2006 09:30:00 AM

4 Comments:

@Bear - I do not want either of our asses out there with a whistle, a flag and an inhaler! lol Do you have your whistle yet?

@4 kids - you got issues! lol so i say we make this a team effort, you take her to comedy classes, regular guy bars, blood drives, science-fiction conventions (not my cup of tea) and her own home (we might have a winner there remember when the guy asked her if she was lost like blonde girls can't live in that neighborhood) i will take on baseball diamonds (she can go with my to kickball this summer), music clubs (you can come too), business conferences (there's got to be one through work that she and i can go to), car shows (i go to plenty), and the internet (i have been trying to get her ass on myspace for a minute). now that everyone has their assignments....BREAK!

4/18/2006 1:39 PM  

lol@the dessert cart with all you can eat dessert. Girl I would have lost my mind up in that place...I would have had the snickers cake AND the ice cream WITH chocolate syrup on BOTH.

4/18/2006 3:11 PM  

If you need an idea on what to do without kids here is one......Clean out that basement of yours.

Love ya.

4/18/2006 4:25 PM  

oh i see you got jokes! does that mean you are volunteering to assist?

4/18/2006 4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home