Phat to Fabulous!

11 April 2006

Gold Diggers in Training!

DISCLAIMER: I would just like to give everyone the disclaimer about this post. I am a sarcastic person, if you cannot find the sense of humor in many of my posts than I suggest you go to the local hospital to see if you can't pick up a spare funny bone. If you feel very sensitive about the topics I am discussing, get over yourself. If you are that darn touchy there must have been some truth to it!

With that said, back to the subject at hand. I got a phone call from my "sister" last night. No, I don't have any biological sisters, but we have been around each other for forever and she has eaten more food at my parents house than I have, so she is my sister. She was very distraught, a friend of hers called and brought to her attention that for years we have all been hoodwinked and bamboozled by our parents to believe that the way to the life that we want to live is through hard work and studying. This friend of my sister's called her after having taken a private jet on a weekend trip with her boyfriend and a few of his just a little wealthy friends. All of their girlfriends were tiny, smaller than the friend, who might be a size 2 on a bloated day. They spent the whole weekend shopping at stores where one shoe costs more than my monthly salary. And this lead her to thinking, why did we bust our butts in college, if this is the reward these women got for watching their wastelines instead of cultivating their minds and watching their debt grow with college loans. Apparently, our yellow brick road took a bad detour on the way to Oz and Toto, I don't like it one bit. Apparently, all the video hoes and gold diggers and ballers wives had the right plan all along. WTF! How could we have been so blind for so long? From this day forward, here's where the disclaimer comes into play, I vow to not teach my daughters to use their brains to try to outwit the man. They will not try to fatten their pockets by stimulating their minds. Oh NO! They will shake it like a salt shaker and make that money. Cause *singing* I ain't saying that they gotta be a gold digger, but I be damned if my babies will be messing with no broke bro'! I just had to share! Class for 2 year olds who still need to learn to walk in stilletos will be held in the Bishops Hall after the 11 am service on Sunday!

Thanks to Caroline Jhingory!
Back in February, I wrote a blog and in it I made reference to Caroline Jhingory who was a student at Fisk University that was profiled in the March issue of Essence Magazine. Turns out Caroline fell across my page and just so happened to read that post and left a comment on my blog. I commented back not knowing if she would see it or not, letting her know if she had any tips that she could share to shoot me an email. Well, today, she did just that. Today, I received 2 emails from Caroline with links to her own personal blog, a Q&A that was done on her from Blackplanet and various other articles. I have yet to get a chance to really take a look at all of the information, however know that as I get through the information I have received I will definitely share it with you. Caroline lost 110 lbs without surgery, using healthy eating habits exercise and determination. She is definitely proof to me that it is possible. If you would like to check out her blog, click here.

Did anyone else hear?
Proof from D12 died. Check out the story here.

I love my little brother!
So yesterday in my many stops after the gym, I had to go past my mom's house. I see my little brother who's 15, and he says, hey [insert real name here] are you loosing weight, cause it looks like it! I knew I loved that kid for a reason!

Since everyone loved the recipe yesterday so much I thought I would share another!
So I am a self-proclaimed chocaholic. The hardest thing for me about eating healthy or following a new diet it the loss of chocolate intake. I can't handle that. This is a recipe I picked up off of Sparkepeople.com for a healthy Chocolate Chip Cookie! Thought I would share.

Today's Quote:
There are four basic food groups, milk chocolate, dark chocolate, white chocolate, and chocolate truffles.
~Unknown
posted by Elle Jefe at 4/11/2006 01:28:00 PM

10 Comments:

I'm sayin! All them times I was up late studying for exams, I should have been in the club droppin it like it was hot. I'd probably be a lot richer now!

4/11/2006 5:31 PM  

@l&t - I am depressed just thinking about it girl!

4/11/2006 8:31 PM  

girrrrl. i forgot that u tagged me weeks ago.

imma work on the post rite now. will be posted by tomorrow

4/11/2006 8:46 PM  

Hey Babygirl, I'm from Milwaukee to tha fullest. I use to live on Palmer and Keefe, ya dig? You seem like Milwaukee, Progressive tho, tha whole city is a Ghetto, but I love it.

4/11/2006 10:09 PM  

Shoot...

A little bit of Chambord liquor on any of the above-mentioned chocolates can produce peace among enemies.

I truly believe...

4/11/2006 11:02 PM  

@kween - i was about to have to leave you an angry comment, like don't think you can ignore me! lol

@bossmack - thanks for stopping through. i know exactly where that is. i am trying to hold it down here in milwaukee, but these people are making it so hard for me to put the fabulous on my ghetto! lol

@djn - you ain't said nothing but a word, some comes to me with alcohol and chocolate we can be friends all day! :)

4/12/2006 9:59 AM  

@the informant - you know i didn't read the book, everytime i picked it up and considered purchasing i couldn't justify to myself spending money on that mess. however, this is just my own sick sarcasm, i would never honestly teach my girls that, there's enough drama in the world. don't get me wrong i love my husband, my girls and my humble life, but there are some days where you just get fed up and wonder why in the hell did i even bother the with the years of hard work when laying on your back is apparently very profitable. ya underdig?

4/12/2006 12:58 PM  

" hey [insert real name here] are you... "

Wait... so you are saying you don't want people to know that your name is Caletus?? I honestly don't know why.

So, at what point did your "sister's" friend's bragging made you break down in tears over her sad, sad, life?

And by the way, vanity searches(google, technorati, etc) are quite common nowadays. Not saying that it has happened. You should try it sometimes.

4/13/2006 11:38 PM  

@rodney - you have issues you know that? lol besides, i recently got my name changed to zebedinah! lmao

as for the friend, she actually wasn't bragging, she was more traumatized by the whole experience seeing as how she is in school for her master's and now is questioning why bother? lol

talk to you later, i am going to look myself up now!

4/14/2006 10:59 AM  

@shenehneh - i really hope y'all catchin' the sarcasm in my voice. my kids are already on the road to being overachievers, and i won't be pulling them off anytime soon. but you know there are some mama's out there that are teaching their kids just this.

4/16/2006 11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home