Phat to Fabulous!

12 April 2006

Have some manners, please!

So you know we all have our little pet peeves, those things that we can't stand when others do. Then there are our little rules, certain things in general other should just know better than to do. Well recently, it has been made blatantly clear that some people need to be reminded of some etiquette issues that they are unfortunately forgetting. Today boys and girls, I would like to talk about bathroom etiquette. A fellow blogger did this post for the guys on the Tuck Rule a few months back. Recently, I have just had some unfortunate experiences that I think we need to get taken care of. Today, I received this email from my girl Kim in NC:

Y'all, if I can stop laughing, I will tell you about what just happened in the
bathroom. I was in there whatever, whatever, and this chick is in one the
stalls blowing it UP! All of a sudden I hear, "I'm sorry whoever's out there, my
stomach is tore UP!" I couldn't figure that one out by myself? I'm sorry,
I'm not going to talk to people while I'm doing my thang, if ya know what I
mean...
Now, some time back I did a post called "Don't Talk to Strangers." Apparently people don't realize that there are rules that flow over to fall under the category of potty etiquette as well. Like, if there are 12 stalls and only one person in the whole bathroom, you don't go into the stall right next to them, how rude! There's also the rule that once the stall closes and locks, all conversations must cease. I do not want to have to increase my speaking volume to talk over the sound of your pee. Water is not a miracle worker, when you come out of the bathroom, use some damn soap. Water alone will not do the trick. Are there any other bathroom rules you can think of? I am sure I could think of more, but I just had to get that off of my chest.

Would you like some twinkies with your animal crackers?
I would just like to share that on my way into work this morning, I watched as two grown men lugged in food for what appeared to be some sort of food day celebration/potluck type of affair. The thing that they appeared to have the most of appeared to be a healthy supply of twinkies and animal crackers? Who in the hell brings twinkies and animal crackers to a potluck? Nevermind that had to be a single man's doing!

AIDS is real!
Read this blog from another blogger's site. I am sure you will be as appalled as I was! People still just don't get it!

Taking it back to the old school!
So I bought drove off the road this morning listening to the fools on Kiss-FM, when all of a sudden I hear, "oooh boy I love you so, nevah-evah-evah gone let you go, once I get my hands on yooouuuu!" These fools took it back and played the Candyman! Oh wow!

Another day another dollar...
I made it to the gym last night and worked the hell outta myself! My legs were soar this morning when I got up. Apparently I know how to kick my own ass when I am at the gym without any of my friends. The husband actually went with me for the first time in months, which was nice that I could actually go home and have a conversation with him, without him turning around and heading out the door before I even get a chance to close it. The only bad thing is since he went to the gym with me, there was no one waiting at home for us to get there with dinner ready. DAMN! I knew there was a flaw to this plan!

Apparently they expect me to do work around here?
I don't know what their problem is, do they really think I come here to work. I come here to have internet access to be able to talk to my blog fam all day long. duh! Isn't that what they pay me for? The nerve of these folk to think I actually come here to work. Well, I suppose since I must, let me get my but back to work, I have a lot of stuff to get done for real. You know the deal folks, holla at ya girl!

Today's Quote:
Inside some of us is a thin person struggling to get out, but she can usually be sedated with a few pieces of chocolate cake.
~Unknown
posted by Elle Jefe at 4/12/2006 02:14:00 PM

8 Comments:

when you come out of the bathroom, use some damn soap.....ain't this the truth!!!! I can't tell you how many women I have seen walk out of a stall & head straight for the door. Nasty!!!!!

4/12/2006 4:39 PM  

OMG..I cant agree with you more about the bathroom-handwashing-issue. Not only is it ridiculously SICK to not wash your hands after using the restroom, it is inconsiderate of the other person who is catching all of your nasty ass germs. *smh*

Oh yeah,about that AIDS/HIV post from the other blogger. I cant stop shaking my head in disbelief. And to think that we have actually made progress with that issue. Just sad.

I'm feeling you about work, girl! 75% of my work day consists of reading blogs and surfing the internet! LOL

4/13/2006 9:19 AM  

I feel more sorry for guys that have to pee in public. I mean I've heard some of my male friends complaining about how dudes will use the urinal right next to them and TALK to them like at the beginning of that Ludicrous (sp?) video.

lol@Candyman. I'm ashamed but that used to be my jam. I remember calling up to the radio station to request that song *hangs head in shame*

4/13/2006 6:33 PM  

@paula - you know i never thought it was a difficult concept, but seeing these folks proves that apparently i needed to remind them!

@sylvia - you know the scariest thing about the AIDS thing is this is exactly how come so many women are getting infected as well, they don't ask and the other person doesn't tell!

@liquor and tv - you know what i feel sorry for anyone that has to use a public restroom. i can't stand public restrooms, hate 'em! as for candyman, don't worry i was the same way with that some back in the day. when it came on trust i knew all the words! lol

4/13/2006 9:14 PM  

You know, at my job we have those CDC hand washing guidelines posted as you come in AND go out of the restrooms. So why have I seen people go in and come out in about 30 seconds(the bathrooms in the breakroom in my department)? Yeah. exactly.

Candyman. There is nothing to say about that one. hot to def. It's no "Hickies on your chest" by Little Shawn, but yeah. Oh, and L, if you think that's wild, wait until you here what I have in store for you soon. (insert evil grin and devilish hand rubbing)

4/14/2006 12:05 AM  

L, I left you something on my music blog.

4/14/2006 10:56 AM  

@rodney - you know the thing is those are the same people that on food day want to know why no one touched their potatoe chip casserole! nasty asses!

hahahah, ok, i will keep my eyes open! by the way i am still waiting for your responses to that tag! you thought you were slick and were going to get out of it!

@liquor and tv - you don't know how mad i am that i can't see streaming video at work. i am right there as soon as i ditch this joint today! :)

4/14/2006 11:37 AM  

@shenehneh - the hiv thing is just out of this world, and so disturbing!

in the bathroom, you keep your business to yourself and i'll do the same! i just hate public restrooms, period!

4/16/2006 11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home