Phat to Fabulous!

23 May 2006

I swear I am not an emotional person...

...so I would like to know why was I all up in front of the tv last night all up in my feelings. So I got home from work and beat the nanny home with the little ones. So I decided to turn on the final episode ever of "Charmed" that I had recorded on Sunday. I didn't watch it when it was on, because I went out to meet some friend for karaoke at this place that has a live band on Sunday nights! So I am watching it and I will say there were some points in the show where my brain hurt. We had folks from the present, from the past, from the past-past, from the future and from the present-future. Don't ask, your head will hurt...mine did! I cheered when Leo finally came back, I screamed at the tv when "Fate" took him away again, and I cheered when he came back again! All in all I felt closure with the show when all was said and done. There were no cliff hangers when the show was done I know exactly where each character stood and what things were going to happen with them and I liked that. I will miss that show! So long Piper, Pheobe and Paige. RIP Charmed (October 7, 1998 to May 21, 2006)


Lots of tv last night
So after I finished watching "Charmed" I went in the kitchen and made some chicken and broccoli stir fry for dinner, healthy and simple. While I was cooking the Oprah Winfrey Legends Ball Special came on ABC. Now I was on the phone with my mother, who of course called to see if I was watching it. Honestly, I didn't turn on the tv to watch it I had been watching Entertainment Tonight and it just so happened to come on right after it and I didn't change the channel. But I told my mother, I hope this is good, because looking at a bunch of women sitting around the table has the potential to be boring. I must say however, it was pretty good. It was great to see all of those great women in one place. I think what Oprah said on the show is very true. We take so much effort after someone has passed away to send beautiful flowers and saying great things about them, but when they are here, we never take the time to tell them what they mean and how they have affected us and made us who we are. The show was good, it was funny to be reminded of how real these women are, like when Oprah gave them each the diamond earrings and you could hear someone in the background screaming and then say, "Are they real?" Just like black folks! lol But the show was good. I was happy I watched it. I just want to know something what is Gayle's purpose. She annoys me, I want to be famous for being friends with someone famous. One of my girls needs to make it big so I can be famous off of their fame. Now that's a hustle!

RIP Alias (September 30, 2001 to May 22, 2006)
After Oprah went off, I almost completely forgot that the last episode ever of "Alias" was coming on until I saw the preview. I was kind of annoyed that it was coming on a Monday, not because I have anything to really watch on Mondays, but because I am used to my routines and this was out of my normal routine. All the tv I watched last night I realized, I never lied when I once said my TiVo will one day explode, but maybe with a bunch of my shows coming to a close I can free up the recorder a little bit? Naaaah, hell naw who am I fooling I am sure I will find some other show to get hooked on. The last 2 hours of "Alias" were gripping, tear jerking and just great! You were left with some questions, but hey maybe they will do a movie. But there was closure, I know what happens to Sydney and Vaughn and her parents and although I was disappointed in how some of the story line played out, I am happy we got to see what really wins over in the battle between free will and fate. I liked that we got to see the whole Rambaldi prophecy thing played out also. I will miss this show. I think I had a little spy girl in me! *sniffle*

Sir Lambert Koroma my account number is...
So I had always heard about these emails people had gotten from people in Africa telling them that they would transfer them millions and millions of dollars and allow them to keep a portion of it for assisting them in getting their riches out of some war torn country that was oppressing their people. Up until today, I had never received any of these messages. Oh and when I did, I laughed my ass off! Mr Koroma gave me my own little history lesson on Sierra Leone and told me the heart aching tale of how his father passed away from a heart attack after living a life helping an ousted leader and blah blah blah blah. But he got my name from some embassy or consulate apparently, and because I am a good and caring person I am going to be nice and help him transfer his $15million dollars into the US. For my kindness, I would be rewarded by being allowed to keep 25% of the $15million dollars, $3.75million. I am so torn should I give this complete and total stranger my account number in hopes I might be a millionaire at age 28? Ahhhh, hell naw, who do I look like? Booboo the fool or somebody? I have decided I am going to let him know my routing number is "12IDONTGIVEAFUCK" and my account number is "34KISSMYASS." Do you think he will get the point? Oh and by the way the email asked that I keep this correspondence on the hush for fear of what may happen to Sir Koroma and his family at the hands of them regime that ousted his father's dear friend from power. Oooops, I guess he didn't realize I was a blogger. I'm like an old refrigerator I can't keep shit in!

The Mexicans have spoken!
So I made it to the gym this morning, yay me! I had a really good workout, I did the treadmill for 30 minutes, did my abs workout and then did my weight lifting and was out in about an hour. So I was on my way over to do my weights and the Mexicans have taken up the entire weight area almost. they have stuff sprawled all over the place and the one bench that they weren't sitting on had someone's phone on it. So I politely asked if any of them was using the bench 2 of the little one's grumbled and the big one said no and came over and got his phone and then proceeded to profusely apologize. I said no problem and handed him the phone and that's when it hit me. A smack of cheap cologne at 6:10 in the morning. Just what I needed to wake me up! Are you kidding? I meant I suppose there are worse things that he could smell like early in the morning, but cheap cologne, whew almost knocked a sistah out. I tried to not pay attention to them after that, however it was hard, they were loudly talking in spanish, like no one around knew Spanish about some chick that was there with a big ass. One of them caught my eye as I chuckled and shook my head, at that point they realized maybe we should shut up that chick knows what we are saying. HAHAHAHAH! Suckers!

Can I have my life back now?
I just want to know how old do my kids have to be before get my life back. I just updated my Treo with my 6-year olds itinerary for the next few weeks and she has more stuff in my calendar than I do! That's some ish, that kid needs a car, a job and a personal assistant.

Alright folks gotta go, Thing 1 has a soccer game tonight. Gotta hit the road. Until next time, holla at ya girl!

Cartoon of the day:

posted by Elle Jefe at 5/23/2006 02:35:00 PM

6 Comments:

Good to see another TV junkie out there, but I'm too cheap for TIVO, so I had the VCR's going. I just watched ALIAS tonight, b/c I had to check out 24 and the basketball games on Monday.

5/24/2006 2:37 AM  

You wimp! Nah, Kust Jidding! I caught glimpses of both Oprah and Alias while my wife was watching them. I usually avoid Lady O like the plague. And you know Charmed was getting long in the tooth, homes. Let it go. Though that one that replaced Shannon D kinda had something. Though this from someone who actually watched Buffy for a minute when I was a TV-holic. Not so much with the TV now, bt I would love a Tivo, ironically.

Oh, and you said T1 needs a car and a PA, right? She does and denial is motha! :)

5/24/2006 5:10 AM  

i didn't know that alias was a series finale...hmm..i don't watch it anyway.....hopefully some good programming will take it's place...

5/24/2006 7:26 AM  

tu chez about gayle and her dead dog wig-BLEH!!!!!!!!

5/24/2006 8:23 AM  

@khalli - glad you like the new place!

@t.cas - TV junkie is an understatement! I have the DirecTV NBA package as well, so Basketball is usually on another TV as I pause and go back and forth to check on the games. I am still sore from yelling at the Spurs!

@rodney - You watched Buffy! hahahaha! Ok, you are not allowed to say anything. The rest of your comment is null and void after that statement! About J, you are so right, but you will never ever ever ever catch my ass in a minivan!

@saccastik - I hope that there will not be another reality show coming to take the place of some of my shows, I will be writing letters of protest to the networks.

@miss a - Dead dog is putting it lightly!

5/24/2006 9:58 AM  

Now I LOVE TV like the next person, but I couldn't really find a decent Prime Time show all week. I always assumed that I was too far behind on 24 to ever catch up. I guess Big Brother will be on soon..lol

As far as O's Legend's Ball...I also assumed that it would be boring with a bunch of women just sitting around. Also, I didn't want to watch it because of the way they threw that special together. O's popularity is sharply declining, so now she's scrambling to get points back by going on various talk shows..even BET!..even some hip hop radio station..lol. I don't think that Legend's Ball was supposed to ever see the light of day. They did a photo layout in O magazine, and that was it. Now a year later..BAM, Legend's Ball Special. Man she was really hyping that thing up too! I hope it got her the ratings that she wanted.

5/24/2006 1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home