Phat to Fabulous!

11 May 2006

Short post today!

So I don't have a lot of time today, I have been in report hell! But I just wanted to hop on and share a few things.

Baked Cheetos don't suck!
So I am trying to be good about this weight loss thing, but the one killer is I love to snack. I like rice cakes (the flavored ones like the Idle Receptionist) and I admit the the 100-calorie packs aren't all that bad, but I have never been a fan of the baked chips. The Baked Lays taste like broke Pringles to me. So today when faced with a drawer of only Cream of Wheat and no snacks, I ventured to the vending machine, vowing to be good. So I see that my favorite SmartPop White Cheddar popcorn is out. Which really isn't that bad a snack one bag has about 160 calories I think, so an ok snack. When low and behold my eyes see the Baked Cheetos. Now normally I wouldn't even give it a second thought, Baked = Nasty right? I thought well maybe since it isn't a potato chip it might be ok. So I reluctantly plug the machine with my $0.80 thinking if this shit is nasty, I want my money back. So I get back to my desk, thinking that was the last change I had, if this sucks, I am just going to have to deal with it until I get home. I open the package and pop one in my mouth and it was as if the heavens had opened and the angels had begun to sing. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh! They tasted normal! Slightly less cheesy than your average Cheeto, but nothing distinctly gross about them. I might be able to hang with Chester on these. We might just be alright! Who'd a thunk it, hey?

Summerfest Update!
Today it was announced that at the Potawatomi stage at Summerfest this summer I'll be able to get my Jesus on, I know I am expecting lightening strikes any moment, and see Fred Hammond on July 2nd. Also, blessing the stage on July 6th will be Floetry. I must say as much as I hate winters in Wisconsin, I live for Summerfest and all of the annual ethnic festivals that bring such great talent to the city.

Audi 5000!
I'm out, got to finish up some stuff since I am doing more volunteer work tomorrow. Man , I love a company that pays you to do this stuff! Holla at ya girl!

Today's Quote:
Jogging is good for your heart, but it sure does make your feet mad!
~Unknown
posted by Elle Jefe at 5/11/2006 03:02:00 PM

7 Comments:

I was never a cheetos fan...only because they make my fingers orange. But the bakes cheetos do sound good.

Props on the volunteer work. I'm supposed to be volunteering to help build a playground, but knowing me, I'll change my mind.

5/12/2006 2:22 PM  

I heard that the Summerfest is the bomb in Milwaukee...it seems like I will have to make that 90 minute drive up there.

5/12/2006 3:02 PM  

@tigerkiss - you too!

@liquor & tv - i love cheetos so there was potential for this to be a bad experience, but they weren't bad at all, a pleasant surprise even! man the volunteer work today, let's just say birth control, a whole day with 6th graders *shudders*

@professorgq - its worth the drive as long as you make it for a good act. if you decide to roll up, let me know i will buy you some frozen custard!!

5/12/2006 4:41 PM  

mmmmmmmmmm...cheetos, thanks...i'll have some REAL ones today, then i'll try the baked ones and see how they measure up. have you had the light chips and doritos? the chips are weird!!! they put something in them that sticks to the roof of your mouth like plastic or something...so i'ma trust you on the cheetos and if they are nasty...you must reimburse me!!!!!!!!!

5/15/2006 10:55 AM  

Girl those Baked Cheetos are yummy!! And the Baked Lays :-)

LOL--I won't step on the back of her dress, I'll just "stretch" when she's walking by and knock her flowers out her hand....

5/15/2006 9:25 PM  

I'm gonna have to try those cause I love cheetos.

5/16/2006 11:14 AM  

Hmmm...given our shared love of The Cakes, I might have to try the baked Cheetos! Dorritos maks an "All Natural" chip line that's also quite tasty.

5/16/2006 2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home