Phat to Fabulous!

05 May 2006

Dude, why are you all up in my window?

So I am on my daily trek into the office today. Rolling in the Mazda, music blaring, me singing, window cracked, seems like a normal day. so I get to a stop light and me and Kirk Franklin are getting down, and I get a glimpse out of my left eye and notice that I am being stared at. I try to do the cordial acknowledging what's up bro, head nod. And then I proceed to go about my business singing just slightly quieter. This man yells out his window, don't stop on my behalf you was working it out girl, sang that song! Errrrr!??! Why are you all up in the 3 with me and Kirk? If this was an attempt to hit on me, it is not that effective as you are hanging out the passenger window of a broke down old ass olds (that's how they roll in Milwaukee, I will never understand!) with rust spots that appear to spell out "Help me!" Me and Kirk were minding our own business and here you go. At that moment the light just couldn't change fast enough. Are you kidding me? I need to come up with an action plan for such encounters in the future. I will always be singing in the car with my radio, I can't help it. My friends know I love to sing, I am not very secretly a karaoke head!

Progress!
So I haven't stopped working at the whole weight loss thing. I have still been trying to hit the gym every chance I get this past week or two though. It has been very hard with my bday and J's. So I am already knowing that it is time get back at it with a vengeance as I am under the 3 month mark to the Bana! I did feel slightly accomplished today though. I put on a shirt I haven't worn for a while. It's a button down shirt that I haven't worn for a while, because well I couldn't button the damned thing! Well I am so happy to report that today I am wearing the shirt and have buttoned it and no one's eye has gotten popped out from flying buttons! YAY! Baby steps y'all.

Can it be summer now?
So in my everlasting desire for summer to arrive as of yesterday, I decided to hop on the Summerfest website to see what acts have been announced for the festival this year. For those of you that don't know Summerfest is a 11-day music festival here in Milwaukee. Actually, it is the world's largest music festival, 39 years running. It is held every year on the lake front in downtown Milwaukee, there are 10 stages, one with paid shows all the others have live performances and bands for free with admission every night of the festival. As with everything else in Milwaukee, there is also, of course, lots of beer and food. I have been there and seen a number of people on the free stages over the years including: Common, Talib Kweli, India.Arie, Montell Jordan, Temptations, Doobie Brothers, Hall and Oates, Dave Koz, and Cameo. At the larger paid stage, I have seen Prince, Kool and the Gang, Carlos Santana, Nas, Faith Evans and a bunch of others. This year the big R&B show that will be at the larger stage is Mary J. Blige. At the smaller stages, they are still announcing acts, but so far I see that Anthony Hamilton will be there on July 6th. I will have to keep posted on who else will make an appearance this year. I have added a link directly to the Summerfest site that will update with news if people are interested in when shows are announced. I can't wait!

Gotta go play with the kiddies!
Today is my last day of Junior Achievement with my 2nd grade class. I have to get out of here to go talk to the babies. Y'all have a great weekend and until next time, holla at ya girl!

Some stupid stuff I came across:

Today's Quote:
My advice if you insist on slimming: Eat as much as you like-just don't swallow it.
~Harry Secombe
posted by Elle Jefe at 5/05/2006 11:08:00 AM

10 Comments:

LOL @ the car watcher..Im always like "why are you all up in my car. dont watch me watch the road!"

And isnt that the greatest feeling in the world?? I can button my favorite shorts w/o having to lay on the bed while having my bf button them for me all while he's telling me to give them up and Im insisting its good for one mo' wear!!!

5/07/2006 5:58 AM  

lmao I hate when folks be all up in yo car!!! I know folks think I'm crazy cause I sure sing, and cue routines while driving LOL :)

owww... congrats on that shirt!!!! next its gone be a pair of pants.. I am about a couple pounds away from my favorite pair of pants.. *holding on to them suckas* they bout ____ years old LMAO

get at ya girl!

5/08/2006 7:13 AM  

Congrats on that shirt girl. Hard works goes a long way, huh?...

Oh yuh, about that dude all up in your car...*sigh* I hate that too. Cant you sang in peace? LOL

5/08/2006 11:22 AM  

uh, i vote against you for the onset of summer..BOO! to sweat and heat-BLEH!!!

5/08/2006 2:35 PM  

@tenacious - i should have used that line, he was about to be all up in my car with me at the rate he was going. as for your shorts, i hung on to a few things like that for a few years and finally i got rid of it, because i figured if i accomplished losing the weight i wanted to, that i would want to by a new wardrobe anyway!

@bklyndiva - girl i was in there singing kirk franklin, i was altos, i was sopranos, i was tenors and all the instruments, i am sure i was looking crazy! :) girl you have gotten this far, i am sure those pants will be fitting you in no time!

@sylvia - seriously why can't i sing and have peave in my ride without him all up in mine!

@miss a - i honestly detest the heat and sweating but here in mke the rain has been all we have been getting, if i could get a dry mild spring i would be good!

5/08/2006 4:38 PM  

I see Milwaukee is just like Kansas City with all the Oldsmobiles...he was trying to holla...

5/08/2006 10:46 PM  

Wait.... you have a 323? I was wondering where the Hell my car went to? Did you get the crack on the shell fixed(paint the hood)? Since it's you, i'll let it go. Be gentle with her, she likes it when people are "canoodling" in the back seat. Don't ask me why(*WINK*). Haah. Anyway, since your birthday has just past, now I know what to get you for Christmas. HEE HEE HEE

5/08/2006 10:54 PM  

Damn, you just reminded me of something. This is such a coincidence that you had this incident with dude at your window (be glad he wasn't licking it). I just so happen to be working on a new single and I figure this goes right along with that. I can't tell you who it's for but you can get the idea from the words. Let me know what you think:

(Sung to the tune of "Stomp")

Lordy, Lorday!

Everytime i'm in car and out and singing around town.
I see someone that's staring at me as I'm really getting down.
They're staring at me at tryin' to holla and this make want to frown.
I sometimes wonder why I chose to roll out with my windows down.

They're ignant to no end, wanna slap them in their head,
That's why I hope the light hurries and turns I really wanna

(CHORUS)
Stomp!(On a dumbass)Stomped
(fools needs to be)Stomped
(but on the gas pedal)Stomp!
(So I can leave fast) Stomp!

5/09/2006 1:51 AM  

@professor - man, you just don't know they will rock an old ass olds, a broke ass buick or my favorite the partially-pimped-out pontiac at every opportunity. and put some dubs on it and think they are doing thangs! oooh don't get me started!

@rodney - you have issues you know this right! first off, boy i don't have no damn 323, try mazda 3 this millenium! lol, you got problems you know right? and your rendition of stomp, I think that might be priceless! i might need your wife's number so she and i can talk about getting you some professional help!

5/09/2006 1:26 PM  

Well, thanks. I take it as a compliment. Oh, my bad about the car. I missed my 323 when it died and never got another one (though I did look at the 626). Don't knock the 323. It probably birthed your beloved 3, I bet. And as far as my wife number. It'll do you no good. She's got more issues than a little bit. Starting with the fact that she claims to be "normal". Those are ones you have to watch out for. I have no such impediments. :)

And the song, I do what I can.

5/09/2006 3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home