Phat to Fabulous!

31 May 2006

Terri stop yelling at me!

So I know I haven't posted since Friday. That is no excuse to be yelling at people.......TERRI! Anywho, hola everyone, how's life?

I trust everyone had a pleasant, long holiday weekend. Mine was productive and hot as all begeezus! Apparently Mother Nature thought she should make up for the crappy rainy weather we had been having and she gave us lots of sunshine and heat. We even had to turn on the good old central air this weekend. I tried not to, but I was sweating sitting still and I couldn't take it anymore. It was freaking 95 degrees outside!

I got lots of cleaning done this weekend. I was on an organizing binge. I reorganized, my kitchen cabinets, my bathroom linen closet, my pantry, my bedroom drawers, Thing 2's closet and got rid of 5 bags of old and broken toys. New rule in my house, if we don't have all pieces to something, or if no one has touched it, looked at it or played with it in 1 year, away it goes. I can't stand the clutter that is my house. I don't know if I have ever mentioned, however 3 years ago the family and I moved into what used to be my grandparents house. Both of my grandparents are deceased and we got the gift of moving in on top of approximately 40 years worth of junk. It is a tremendous understatement to say my grandmother was a packrat. There is so much stuff in this house, we haven't even found yet, that it is ridiculous. Hopefully sometime before I am 40 I will have a clean house. Until then, I do what I can to strive towards my dream of a minimalist lifestyle. And the death march continues.

Almost reached goal number 1!
Well I didn't, but my husband did. That man was on the scale the other day complaining that he was 201 lbs. Now when I first started on my journey to a more fabulous new me, I said that 200 was my first goal marker, that would mean a total loss of 45 lbs., I am still steady struggling and working towards that goal, but my husband on the other hand has reached it jumped on it and turned around and gave it a five on the black hand side. And to top it off he is complaining that he keeps losing, since he is trying to gain weight for football. Oooooh, I can't stand....I mean I love that man!

So I see you are not in the business of making money...
So every morning I pass the same gas station near my house and it depends on the day and the weather apparently, whether or not they are open. I would hate to be sitting on "E" with that being the only close gas station because there is a 50/50 chance they will be open. Today it was closed and I left for work late today, they should have definitely been open by 8:45am. It does make for an interesting game though, everyday I try to guess whether or not they will be open, based on whether I am correct or incorrect determines which way I drive to work. So far I have a pretty good streak going.

This is what I get for staying up passed my bed time
So over the weekend in the midst of my organizing frenzy, I have also been trying to get all of the laundry done. The family and I are going to California next month to visit my dad, his wife and my brothers and I want to be able to just pull out the clothes I want to pack without searching and strategically doing 10 loads of laundry. Needless to say my washer and dryer have been running non-stop. But the options for television, even if you do have satellite, passed midnight are rather limited. I didn't feel like watching any crappy celeb gossip shows, I didn't feel like watching the star gazer guy on PBS (is that local to Milwaukee, or do other cities get that guy too?), and I didn't feel like watching and mouthing the words to another episode of Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. So I turn passed the channel FUSE (which I didn't really know existed before now) and I see on the Info at the top of the screen the show name, "Pants off, Dance off." I stopped out of curiosity thinking this isn't really what I think it is. Oh, but yes it is. After sitting with my mouth hanging open watching the rather large Dirty Martini grind around to Christina Aguilera, I could do nothing but sit in complete and total awe. Did I really just see what I think I just saw, and why am I not blind after that experience. I tried to scream, but it just came out as one of those silent screams, no real sounds just a mere whimper. Then the midget came on, this little rather scary looking vertically challenged man. I couldn't take it anymore, I couldn't find the remote fast enough. If you don't believe me that true horror like this exists, click here. MY EYES...MY EYES!

So I suppose I will take my traumatized self and go do some work. Until next time, holla at ya girl!

Today's Pic:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I am so getting one of these!

posted by Elle Jefe at 5/31/2006 11:32:00 AM

6 Comments:

FUNNY PIC!!!!!!! i need one too, along with a teleport

5/31/2006 3:38 PM  

1) Well hon, I can' really speak for all else, but I don't expect you to be posting every five minutes. Let it come when it does. and you don't HAVE to apologize about it, either. It's in the rules.

2) At first when you were talking about you trip, I thought you meant that there was nothing in Cali to watch after 12. I was mistaken. But since you have Tivo and Broadband, I would be remiss if I didn't point you to these pearls for the trip.

Tivo to go - The transfering to to mobile devices (like a Treo) is a good thing, but the online scheduling is a neat feature, i'm told. That's assuming you hadn't tried already.

Slingbox and Slingbox mobile - If you have 2 C-notes lying around, you can attach a box to your Tivo and watch TV anywhere with an internet (or mobile data plan) connection. The slingbox mobile is the player for PDA's and such(Treo).


Oh, we usually get BBC or World news on PBS. I usually don't care after Tavis goes off. Just beware of the Splotch painting guy with the orange Afro(RIP, though).


Holla!
@Miss A: The teleporter would be nice. Still working on it. Wouldn't want to end up like The Fly!

5/31/2006 10:51 PM  

Oops, Slingbox Mobile is only for Windows based PDA and the 700W(Which I wants).

5/31/2006 10:54 PM  

I just love the pic, I wish I had that kind of mirror at home.

6/01/2006 7:17 AM  

@miss a - rodney's working on that teleporter for you! :)

@rodney - see i love it when people agree with me. and i love having my own personal techie on hand to make sure i am update on all the latest hoo-hads, whatzits and thingamerbobs!

@delaleuverses - if i find one of those mirrors i am buying them in bulk and i will sell them to you and miss a at a discount, get you the hookup!

6/01/2006 3:02 PM  

And I totally forgot about Orb, which, unlike the other stuff I mentioned is free. It supposed to do the same as the Slingbox, but without the box. And did I mention free?

Alright, nuff Geek.

GONE!

6/02/2006 12:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home