Phat to Fabulous!

25 May 2006

This is some bullshit!

So today I was kind of motivated! I got up and went to head to the gym, only to pull up at 5:50am to a dark building. WTF! I pull around the back of the building to see if there was anyone back there and of course the Mexicans are there. That's not a surprise. So I sit there for a second debating on if I can and want to wait. I was running late already and now this. AAAARRRRRGGH! I sat there for about 5 mins and then I turned the music back up and went *singing* Zoom Zoom Zoom right back home. I am not going to be able to get to the gym after work, Jordan has soccer practice at 6 and Chris has football practice tonight! This is some bullshit!

Congratulations to Taylor Hicks!
As much of a grumpy, disgruntled A.I. fan as I was yesterday, I was not planning on watching all 2 hours of the show, but somehow I ended up watching from beginning to end and I was only slightly disappointed. There were some really good guests on the show last night. Paris Bennett sang "We're in this Love Together" with Al Jarreau. I love that song! Chris Daughtry sang with the band "Live," Katherine McPhee performed with Meatloaf (Why I don't know he sounded like crap), Elliot Yamin performed with Mary J. Blige (no joke, my mouth was hanging open), and Taylor performed with Toni Braxton. The top 10 did a number of songs and medleys, including a Burt Bachrach medley with Burt tickling the ivories. (You don't know how many evil looks I gave to my husband when he said who's that guy? Apparently since Burt Bachrach didn't write any songs that have been covered by Mike Jones he has no clue who he is!!) Dionne Warwick came out and performed with the group and she surprisingly looked and sounded nice. She looks like she has put some weight back on which is good, because at one point a few years back I was thinking maybe she was the one that taught her niece Whitney how you get down if you know what I mean. But the total group last night was really good, I think they are the best complete group of performers that the show has had. My mother and sister-in-law both called wanting to know when we would get tickets to go to the concert. Jordan wanted to know when we go to California if we could go to American Idol, as if it is a permanent theme park or something. The highlight of the show for me, was about 15 minutes before the end of the show when who pops out! *singing* My name is Prince and I am funky! Yes, Prince performed on American Idol. I was tripping, mouth all hanging open. I love me some Prince. Like I said in yesterday's post though I didn't too much care anymore who won. But I was happy that Katherine didn't win, something about her annoys me. And while Taylor could easily could put out an album I might actually listen to, I wonder how much "Soul Patrol" the rest of America can take. I suppose only time will tell.

Just had to share
So last night after I finished finally watching Sunday's DH, I caught what I think was a new episode of the Boondocks. I am pretty sure it was a new episode, because I thought I had seen them all and I hadn't seen this one before. Anyway, this preview came on and as much as I hate "The Family Guy" I 'bout died laughing at this.

Aiight let me get my ass up out of here and get dressed for work. *whining* I don't wanna gooooooooo! You know what to do, holla at ya girl!

Pic of the day:

posted by Elle Jefe at 5/25/2006 06:33:00 AM

10 Comments:

y you hate the family guy? it comes on too late for me but the commercials look hilarious and i wish i could watch.

5/25/2006 10:24 AM  

Family Guy cracks me up sometimes that lil baby is a mess...I can't get with American Dad or whatever that show is....that lil pic reminded me of Shrek and the gingerbread man when he said do you know the Muffin Man!!! LOL too funny

5/25/2006 11:54 AM  

oh no, you hate Family Guy? man I was one of those people writing nasty letters to Fox back in 2003 begging them to bring the show back...my bad!

The show is hilarious though, if I wasn't so lazy, I'd burn the DVD's and send em to you.

5/25/2006 2:17 PM  

@miss a - i don't even know that its that i hate the show, but more for some reason it reminds me of king of the hill which my husband loves and therefore i neeeeeeeed to hate it! :)

@honey - remember at the end when he is hopping around on a cane because someone ate his foot off. hahahah

@liquor - see you are like a pusher just can't wait to try to get me into another show!

@chris - i liked taylor he seems very genuine and he reminds me of a young michael mcdonald or someone like that.

5/25/2006 10:13 PM  

damn i hate i missed prince part...i'm like your dude...i don't know burt bachrach either....(no evil looks please...lol)...i heard that the taylor dude (michael mcdonald unclaimed son) won...

5/26/2006 6:15 AM  

i didn't know the dude was from my home time...(the magic city) birmingham, alabama....way to go...know we got two idol winners..reuben and taylor...

5/26/2006 6:17 AM  

lmao.. sup ma!!!! :) how u!!!!

5/26/2006 8:35 AM  

I love Taylor!

I'm really sad I missed the Mary J. Blige part though, I only cuaght the end. But it was really good, I'll agree!

5/26/2006 2:49 PM  

Stopping by to say hello!
As for AI- I'm with you ...
I didn't care who won :)

5/29/2006 12:44 AM  

@sarccastik - i am holding back the evil scowl. lol

@bklyn's finest - hey lady! did you have a good bday?

@truly - mary was great, she had on some crazy shades, but what's new!

@sangindiva - thanks for stopping on through chica.

5/30/2006 10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home