Phat to Fabulous!

23 February 2006

OMG, who's body is this?

So I wondered today, when did I get fat? *whining like a baby* Someone stole my real body and I want it back now!

10 years ago I was a senior in high school, I wore a size 12, maybe. I wouldn't really have known, because I was a Tom boy who had a body, but hated to show it. I wore baggy boys jeans and sweatpants with huge hoody sweatshirts and baseball caps. I was active and didn't have to worry about sitting down and eating an entire container of cookies. I was bigger, as far as weight, than all of my friends. I always have been. I have always been the one with the big chest and the curves, but when I was younger I didn't know what to do with those things because no one else had them.

One year after graduating from high school I was smaller than I had ever been in life. Most people gain that freshman 15? Not me, I hated dorm food at Marquette, so I lived off of the salad bar, the large variety of cereal with the occasional taco bar or potato bar celebration! Those were special nights! I worked 2 jobs on top of my 18 credit schedule, sang in the gospel choir and was the queen of partying all night. I know those two things are contradictions of themselves, hey one side of me never met the other! :) On top of all of that I found a way to make it to the gym at least 4 days a week if not more. I was weighing maybe about 135 lbs., if that and I wore a size 8. I had a stomach to die for! This is the year I met my husband.

Let's fast forward, 3 years. I was planning my wedding one year after having Jordan. I was bigger than I had ever been, a size 16. I was knocking on the door of 200 lbs. and wondering where oh where had my flat stomach gone? WTF! My thighs rubbed together and I had an a$$ that I could use as a shelf. The busy life caught up to me, I was working like crazy taking care of my daughter and finishing up school as a super senior in school. I think I had to have been on drugs, I really don't know where I got all that energy from.

3 years after this, I decided now is the time. I must lose this weight once and for all. I started Weight Watchers and actually lost about 20 lbs. I had gone up to a 18/20, but got back to more like a 16. Surprise, surprise we got pregnant. WTF! Ok, well I guess that's on hold.

Just this past December, I couldn't take it any more! I weighed more than I did in my ninth month of pregnancy with either one of my girls and even the old maternity pants I had been keeping around were getting tight. This is bull$hit!

How did this happen? Where did my waist go? Did I really just eat that? What do my feet look like? When was the last time I shopped in the non-plus sized section of the store? The side of the store where there are not huge floral grandma mumus, where pants have more on the waist than an elastic band and where the numbers to the sizes don't have a "W" behind the number. Stands for widea$$!

Am I the only one that thinks that the last years of their life was a blur and you woke up in a fat person's body? Is this invasion of the body snatchers? WTF happened! I must find the skinny me once again, she's in there somewhere. Its going to take a he!! of a lot of digging but I am going to find her in there, somewhere.

Goodnight sweetheart...
...well its time to go, bah bah dum duh dum! Sorry but you guys know you missed my random outbursts in song! I went the gym, maybe over my disgust with myself for slipping back some over the past hectic week or so, I got a really good workout. I need to do my crunches before I go to bed. There's just something wrong with doing them at the gym. MY a$$ in the air with a big red fitness ball between my legs is really not what I consider a pleasant view! Plus, as usual with a good workout, I stink and I am sure that if I go to bed like this, my husband might just kick my a$$ out of the bed!

I'm out! Holla at your girl!

Today's Quote #2:
It's okay to be fat. So you're fat. Just be fat and shut up about it.
~Roseanne Barr
posted by Elle Jefe at 2/23/2006 09:00:00 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home