Phat to Fabulous!

05 June 2006

So I sit here with my mouth hanging open

I am watching the Alma awards right now, and while I am always excited to watch the show, I am tripping off of the stuff that I am witnessing right now. First off, it should be illegal for anyone to look as good as Jennifer Lopez does in this cream dress that she is rocking, I mean damn. I am tripping that Big and Rich, the country group were just on there singing a song about a jalepeno, I hate country music. I am tripping that Cowboy Troy was just on there rapping in Spanish like he thought he was doing the damn thing! I am tripping that the Ying Yang Twins were sitting there rocking out to that mess like he really was doing it. I am tripping that the girl that plays Kay on NBC's soap opera Passions was there with Mario Lopez aka Slater from Saved by the Bell. Lastly, I am tripping because apparently Brian McKnight is the house pianist for the show tonight. He is on his B selection right now. WTF! Ok, I am going to shut my mouth now and keep it from hanging open.

The Weekend
I hope everyone had a good weekend. Mine was busy to say the least. Friday I had to cut out of work early to get J to dress rehearsal for her big recital that was just this past Sunday. Somehow for the 3rd year in a row, I allowed myself to be suckered into being a backstage mom instead of sitting on my ass in the audience in being the gushing proud mama! Why do I subject myself to this, I consider it my annual dosage of birth control. Every year after doing this I am reminded how much I can't stand other people's kids. Between the show day and the rehearsal it was a test. All in all the girls were great and the show came off without a hitch!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Saturday was busy, J had a soccer game, as usual her team won despite her skipping across the field. If she didn't look so much like me I would swear she couldn't possibly be my child. I did some running around with the family came in did some cleaning up around the house and planned an evening out. A friend from high school has a rap group called the Rusty Ps. You should check them out, they are true Milwaukee talent. I get the fam situated, get my girls and we hit the streets. We get to the spot with plans to hear their set and then dip out to shake that ass, you know. We get there the first group on the stage is a group out of the Chi, two white cats, they were so great I don't even remember their names. I am being facecious, I was not feeling them. Next group gets up this dude says, they used to be a cover band for the Neptunes, errrr? I didn't know the Neptunes had enough tracks of their own to have a cover band? Whodathunkit? This groups only saving grace was the beats, their producer was obviously on point. Next this big black cat gets on stage, he was flowing for a minute, he was aiight, but then he started to beat box, and this white chick hops on stage. Now I had seen her before, she had two buns in her hair and I wasn't sure I was feeling them, but she gets up there and she starts rhyming and this chick was sick! No tracks with the heavy bass line, just Carnage beat boxing. The chicks name was Desdamona she's out of Minneapolis and the way she rhymed I quickly forgave her for having those buns in her hair. Check her out by clicking on her name above, best track by far "Wanted 2 be an MC." Once she left the stage I got the mood going sipping on my Red Stripe, y'all don't know about that real Jamaican lager, and got to hear the Ps rocking the stage. They killed it, this was my first time making it to one of their shows, back in high school at Battle of the Bands doesn't count.

I really need to make it to their shows more often. If you are in Milwaukee and you want to check them out they will be at Summerfest at the Harley-Davidson Road House before the Common show with Devest8 and Black Elephant. Obviously, I will be down there all night on June 29th!

Countdown under 2 months
Caribana is less than 2 months away. How did that happen? Definitely need to get back to the gym tomorrow, Jordan's soccer season is done this weekend. Thank goodness! I can get back on schedule, plus school's almost out. I can get out of work and hit the gym without rushing to my daughter's school to get her in the evenings before coming home. I am so ready for a little break from the running everyday.

Aiight time to get off of here and get my ass in bed. Until next time...holla at ya girl!

Pic of the day

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
posted by Elle Jefe at 6/05/2006 09:12:00 PM

8 Comments:

So, I saw the ALMA awards too - what was HILARIOUS was when the Ying Yang Twins got up there.

6/06/2006 9:52 AM  

ooooooooooh, i remember my dance days!!! didn't see the awards cuz i LOATHE eva longoria like a sickness.

6/06/2006 11:17 AM  

Mouth Wide Shut coming to an theatre near you...Not.

You have just learned the truth on B. Mcknight. Whether he has an album or not, he's on the grind. He probably wrote a song about it. Hmm, time for a compilation, it seems. Peace

This comment brought to you by Red Stripe and Brian Mcknight, assisting baby conceptions everywhere.

6/07/2006 2:34 AM  

Incidently, nothing beats Brian's firs album.

6/07/2006 2:36 AM  

@jamal - i read your post, how much of the almas were you really watching! lol ;)

@miss a - now why you hate ms. eva?

@chris - thanks, she's a ham for the camera

@rodney - don't get it twisted, i know the power of the mcknight. he was on there first doing a tribute to marc anthony and second performing a song he had written. and the first album still gets heavy rotation in my cd player. BTW - you have issues, but what's new!

6/07/2006 10:39 PM  

ummm and was why Marc Anthony sickly looking ass getting a tribute....what he need a new kidney or something?

I <3 Brian McKnight esp the "Anytime" video when he's in the shower...*lol* ok why do I still remember the video like that?

6/07/2006 11:51 PM  

@ Tenacious - J Lo's breaking him down! You heard it here first. Oh wait, that's not right.

6/08/2006 9:12 PM  

Aww she looks so cute I remember when I use to go to my best friends recitals..she has a lil girl now..I'm hoping she will be in some I love them....

6/13/2006 11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home