Phat to Fabulous!

17 December 2006

Thanks, V'ron!

Five things about ~L~. This is the longest that it has taken me to do any tag. Surveys are always easy. Trying to think of things that I haven't already shared on here are not. So here it goes. I don't think it will be nearly as interesting as the post that V'ron did, but here it goes anyway...

1. I have a strange unnamed phobia. I cannot and will not take any food or beverage type of item into a bathroom. I don't really have a problem with toothbrushes and a gargle cup being in the bathroom, but that's about it. If I am at the mall and I have a cup of something from the food court, I have been known to throw it away if there is no one with me to hold it while I am in there. Not that you will find me in a public restroom too often, since I am pretty sure I have a phobia of those as well. It's weird I know. My youngest little germ bucket will walk into the bathroom with a cup or an apple and I just about flip out. Its bad, I am dealing with it.

2. I live in Packer-land and shhhh...this one's a secret. I HATE THE PACKERS! Maybe I have shared this before, if so oh well. I love football and many other sports, but I hate the Packers. Maybe my hatred of them stems from my love for the Cowboys, Redskins and Ravens. Not sure, not that there is any real rivalry there. Its not like I am a Vikings or Bears fan or something. I honestly hate the fact that in this state if Brett Favre farts they burst into the news with a breaking news bulletin as though it was something important like our president discovering that there really is a Santa Claus. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind certain players for the Packers...Donald Driver, Ahman Green, even Brett himself, just hate the brainwashed mentality of cheeseheads, including my husband and most of his friends.

3. When I was 10, Danny Glover stepped on my foot. It's a pretty strange story in and of itself and the events that lead up to it are even more interesting and random. So it was Thursday afternoon, I was in the 5th grade. I was playing football at recess (with the boys of course) went out for a pass and the football went straight into my pinky as I went up for the catch. I tried to play it off as any tom boy would. After lunch I decided that I really should go to the nurses office, cause that ish hurt. Turned out I had sprained my pinky. While sitting in the nurses office, apparently my body decided I hadn't had enough for the day and decided that at that very moment, I should become a woman! WTF? To top it off, I was supposed to be leaving on a bus that day to go to Howard's homecoming with my cousin's parents to go see her play at the HU homecoming (she was in the band) and see my grandmother that lived in VA. So I headed to DC on the bus with all the HU parents with my finger in a wonderful new splint and a bag of newly purchased feminine products. My mom who about had a heart attack when she found out what had happened that day at school, had to call my grandmother who still acted like I was 6 to warn her that her little girl was no longer, on the bus to come to DC that weekend was a woman. What does this have to do with my foot and Danny Glover...I'm getting there hold your horses. So I get to DC, spend time with my grandmother and cousin and Saturday afternoon was the HU Bisons' homecoming game against FAMU if I recall correctly. So a little before half time I decide that I need some refreshments. My other cousin and I decide to head to the concession stand and as we come around the corner under the stands this rather large black man steps on my foot. I turn around rather annoyed because he didn't just step on my toe, but my whole daggone foot. As I turn around, I know that man, yep it was Danny Glover. I think his daughter was going to Howard at the time. I don't really recall, all I know is that I was annoyed with the fact that not only was my pinky hurting but that rather large man stepped on my daggone foot and made it hurt too.
4. As much as I talk of my disgust for the color pink, at some point I apparently liked the color. I am not sure what I was thinking, I think out of the trauma of it all I have stripped my memory of any recollection of that period. However when my mom was engaged to be married to my stepfather, they both sold their respective homes to buy one together. When we moved I got to pick the color scheme for my room. For some God unknown reason, I picked a pink paint and rose colored bed set for my room. I am not sure what caused the complete and total lack of judgement on my part. It was in my pre-teen days that this occurred, so any corrupt activity that I may have participated in would not have yet had an effect on me to lead to this. I am happy to report that as I have not lived in my parent's house for about 10 years, that my little brother has since taken claim to my old bedroom and has rightfully had it repainted blue. Smart kid that baby brother of mine!
5. I know how to Flamenco. Strange, I know you were all expecting me to admit something like I am secretly a Russian spy named Oksana Chukovskaya. However, my love for dancing and music really has no boundaries. When I was a senior in high school, we used to have this thing called Multi-Cultural day. As part of the Accelerated Spanish class, I took part in a performance of Flamenco dance which we had practiced all semester. To please the crowd, who we were sure would fall asleep at some part in the 3m 49s song, we decided that the finale to our performance would be the ever popular Macarena. Don't ask. Its something I am still trying to live down. Fortunately, I don't think that there remains any documentation of this unless one of my old classmates ever finds the picture she has of the two of us performing. God I hope she never finds that picture.

Alright, I think that is it. That was fun, I thought of some things that I had thought about in a while trying to come up with that one. If you decide to do this one, let me know so I can make sure to hit you up. I won't tag anyone, right now.

Until next time, holla at ya girl.
posted by Elle Jefe at 12/17/2006 08:44:00 PM

1 Comments:

Now I know what to get you for Christmas. A pair of pink Flamenco shoes with pictures of Danny Glover on them. Glorious! And i will be looking for that picture. I got P.I.'s on the case as we speak.

Believe it! :)

12/19/2006 3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home