Phat to Fabulous!

19 October 2006

Which way did he go George, which way did he go?

So finally I get to update. So I disappeared for a minute off the face of the blog world for a minute, but I am back. I figured y'all might want an update on where the heck I have been. If you didn't want one, too bad you are getting one anyway.

40 yeeeeeeears of crap can be such a pain in the neck!
Seriously! I don't know if I have ever gone into this before, however the house that my husband and I own used to belong to my grandparents. We purchased it after they both passed to keep it in the family. I practically grew up in that house as did my mom, and her sibling and all of my cousins. So no one really wanted to just let the house go. Its a pretty nice house, but it definitely has its old house characteristics. You know stuff that falls apart when you look at it wrong, spiders that have lived there longer than any human being. Oh and don't forget the basement with 40 years of memories, literally! Now here's the thing, the basement is finished with a nice bar and everything, but damn it if we can use it for all of the stuff down there. So the husband and I finally got fed up. We have a great house that we can't use for all the stuff in it. Everyone says, "Oh you should have a rummage sale!" Who the heck is going to organize that it won't be me, I don't have time to eat half the time and you think I have time to organize a rummage sale. Plus, half of the stuff we found down there was broken. 2 broken dressers, a broken headboard, a broken desk, a broken steam iron, a broken table, 4 broken lamps. Can someone please tell me why old people like to keep every daggone thing that ever entered the house? Its not like anyone in my family was a handy man where they might have thought this stuff would one day get fixed. So instead of taking that ish out the house when it broke somehow they convinced themselves that it was easier to drag that mess down stairs into the basement never to be dug up again! Needless to say there was a lot of profanity from the husband and I on our days of cleaning. Just imagine this was only the beginning.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Overworked and underpaid...
...and I ain't talking about at the office. My family has run me ragged! So now my oldest is back in school. 1st grade as a matter of fact so that means homework and spelling tests and all the fun stuff! On top of that the dance season has started up again which means not only am I broke because of my 6 year old being in dance, but my 2 year old has now started as well. Because apparently I have extra money just falling from the sky so I can afford this...NOT! The little one is cute in class though. She listens better there then she does at home. She has thought she has been in dance for forever, now her dream has truly come true. Everyweek she tells daddy that she is going to school for dance class and that she looks like a princess. Its cute. All this means for me is 2 hours every Saturday sitting in the dance studio. And since I have to be there, because the kids classes overlap and the little one can't be in the studio by herself. I decided to sign up for a class of my own. Smack dab in the middle of when the girls classes are, there is a salsa class that is being offered. So, I signed up! There are 3 young girls that are about 13 or 14 and myself. Then one of the grandma's who is usually waiting for her grandkids when I am there decided to join too. So I am not officially the old lady in the room. Its cool, I figure I have to be there anyway, so why not. Plus its a good workout, so if I don't make it to the gym on Saturdays I already have an hour workout in so no worries! Its fun though and I will have you know a sister was getting her groove on aiight! And for those of you that are thinking it....HELL NO I WILL NOT BE IN NO DAMNED RECITAL! lol
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Trick or Treat!
So I am a slacker mom and I have yet to get my kids costumes, but hey I's po'! Ya heard! We will have to go on payday next week to get costumes. I did however, take the kids to the pumpkin farm. There is a little town called Mukwonago and my friend and I took the kids last week after dance class to a place there called the Elegant Farmer. Needless to say they had a ball. We did the hay ride picked pumpkins and then went and made caramel apples. I was too pooped when it was all over with, but the kids had a ball. Now if I could just get a move on those costumes.

What else?
Other than that not much has been up. Working like a hebrew slave. The husband and I went with my friend and her fiance to the Bucks first pre-season home game against the Mavs. That was cool, I had gotten tix from work. They won the game, but I am not going to get my hopes up on the season yet. I will say I am not a fan of the new colors. I liked the purple. I will have to get used to the red, looks like Christmas if you ask me, which would make then the Reindeers and not the Bucks!

I also went to karaoke with some friends to a local tavern where the drinks are cheap and the karaoke is great! If I must say so myself! If nothing else you will always get a great view of someone with a great mullet or someone that should really be at home, but felt the need to step out in their pajamas for a drink! WTF??? Don't ask, I go there because my friend's husband hosts the karaoke and he lets me pick my own songs! Its great!

Time to hit the gym. I have gotten back into a normal groove with that now. I have been using the gym at my job now. I figure I can lessen the chance of my car getting broken into or the poopy bandit striking if I just work out here.

Until next time, holla at ya girl!
~L~
posted by Elle Jefe at 10/19/2006 01:44:00 PM

10 Comments:

Girl they are some cuties :-)

Have fun with Salsa Im going to take up Ballroom dancing in a few weeks *dont ask lol* and hopefully I wont trip and fall on ma ass...you know the only "slow" dancing I know is stepping!

Girl my mama made our costumes ok? I was a princess for like 7 years quit playing

LOL @ basement trash girl my grandmother had NEWSPAPERS from the 70s in the basement and oh lawd dont think ur going to throw away the ironing board that wont even pull out...she'll have a fit. right along with her MLK and Jesus portraits in the living room *sigh* now I know where I got my pack rat-ness from

@ L

Trust my ass wont be going out like that for a minute shit i feel like a wore down slave and shit humming negro spirituals while my feet is shuffling and im holding my back...

10/19/2006 11:37 PM  

YIKES!!!!!! you's been busy!!! i want to go to a pumpkin patch soooooooo bad. and i feel you on cleaning house, especially when half of it is trash....but you will soon be reveling in the un-clutterness (yes, i made that up)!

10/23/2006 11:44 AM  

As I blogged, I am soooo hating these new bucks colors. I liked the purple too. Heck, purple and green are my blog's color scheme! (and not because of the Bucks). I've ranted about this twice. NOBODY likes these colors. I haven't seen a blog or anything yet where somebody goes "Gee, I love the new red! How I hated that purple?" You know why I haven't seen this written? Because nobody wrote it!

10/23/2006 2:14 PM  

I think a lot of bloggers have been busy lately. Ain't nobody posting like they used to. Your little shorties are too cute.

10/24/2006 2:36 AM  

I will admit that I too am a PACKRAT!! LOL I can only imagine how it's gonna be when I move for real into a house LOL. I'm going to want to keep everything.

Aww the kiddies are cute!

11/10/2006 10:38 AM  

Hey, L, go to my blog and read the TAG post. TAG-- you're IT!!!!!

11/15/2006 7:51 AM  

ROTFLMAO @ the recital.. girl I did that and took hip hop one year LOL it was hot..and we stole the show at the recital LOL :) I'm glad to see you thinking of other options to get that exercise in ;) you will see a huge payoff!!!

as always life is busier than you!!! catch up with ya soon girlie

11/18/2006 4:09 PM  

You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be really something which I think I would never understand. It seems too complicated and extremely broad for me. I’m looking forward to your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!
scrap car removal brisbane
car removal logan

7/05/2021 11:36 PM  

Thanks for sharing. We pay our customers instant cash up to $9,999 without any waiting time. It is our policy to not let customers wait for their money. We also provide free towing services, so customers save even more money when dealing with us. This strategy has been a great success with our customers in Queensland. Through this, we gained a lot of goodwill from our customers.
cash for cars logan
sell my car brisbane

7/06/2021 1:53 AM  

Truly, this article is really one of the very best in the history of articles. I am a antique ’Article’ collector and I sometimes read some new articles if I find them interesting. And I found this one pretty fascinating and it should go into my collection. Very good work.
scrap metal logan
scrap metal ipswich

7/06/2021 2:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home