Phat to Fabulous!

02 October 2006

Funny how time flies...

...when they work you like a slave! Man y'all, has it really been a month since I hit up this spot? Seriously, things have been busy as hell and I am hoping the quiet that I am just getting a taste of will continue at least until I can find my head again.

I am trying to get back into this blogging thing and I decided to start fresh again. You will notice the new outfit we are trying on. I like it, let me know your thoughts. I was getting a little bored with my old template. When I was a kid my mama said I just don't know how to leave well enough alone. I guess not much has changed. Because there was really nothing wrong with the other template, but I was bored. So hey, its my blog and I'll do what I want to.

Where have I been...
Well just like everyone else's house, September means back to school, end of summer, back to all kinds of ish! My oldest started 1st grade. My youngest is still being her little terrorizing self. The husband has finished football season, but now has started playing softball. Extended family drama always keeps me on my toes. Needless to say there is no rest for the weery at my house.

On top of all of that, I have been trying to get my groove back with all the exercise and everything. I did Weight Watchers for 6-weeks, but then I realized I did just as well with it as I had without it. So now I am back on my own, working with a trainer and using SparkPeople to keep track of my food and stay motivated. I have found more and more things about the SparkPeople site that I like. Other than just the fact that it is free and offers a diet and fitness plan. The people I have come in touch with off of that site are pretty cool. You can join different groups of people with similar interests and you get the chance to talk to people who are coming up against similar obstacles as you. I like that site more and more everyday.

Anywho, on top of trying to redirect my need to get back in the game, its fall season premiere time. Y'all know I am a tv-aholic, Desperate Housewives is back, Gilmore Girls, Dancing with the Stars, ER, and Football (Did anyone else see the final score for the Cowboys vs. Tennessee game? Ouch!!) Plus, I have come to find that I really like ABC's new show with Sally Fields, Brothers and Sisters on Sundays after DH and since for forever now everyone has asked me if I watch Grey's Anatomy, apparently my attitude was used as a case study to create the character of Dr. Bailey, well I have been sucked in and just started watching. I am no where close to caught up, but that's what I have my mom and other friends for. The other show I have found I like is Ugly Betty, with America Ferrera. I liked her in the movie, Real Women Have Curves, back in 2002 and I also thought she was really good in The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants is I really wasn't surprised that I liked this new show.

Ok, folks, so I promise I will try to get back to regular posting on here, even if it is something short. I will definitely be making my rounds trying to catch up on everyone else's blogs this week, so you can expect to see my 2 cents in your comments. I did an update last week on the Shake Dat Ass Folk! and added a new stupid entry to the I See Stupid People Blog!

Until next time, holla at ya girl!
~L~
posted by Elle Jefe at 10/02/2006 04:12:00 PM

4 Comments:

It's about time...I was about to put an APB, An Amber Alert...something!!

Love the new template :-)

And Ugly Betty is actually a good show!

10/02/2006 11:38 PM  

LOL I'm loving the new template. *um where u got it.. I want one* LOL..

Ugly Betty is HILARIOUS.. I love it.. Tonight its Law & Order night for me.. and Thursday is Grey's Anatomy LOL

I schedule when I am going to study around it!!!

10/03/2006 6:55 AM  

@tenacious - hell i was about to put one out my damn self! ya heard!

@bk and tenacious - ugly betty is too funny. everyone keeps comparing it the devil wears prada for the obvious reason, but i haven't seen it so in a way i am happy so i don't compare them.

glad y'all like the new look of my place! the site i got it from was finalsense.com they had some pretty neat templates.

10/03/2006 4:01 PM  

(Chanelling ODB) *AHEM* Welcome Home, Welcome HoOOOME!

As fr the TV thing, mabye you need this.

Liking the new template!

10/03/2006 9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home