Phat to Fabulous!

06 July 2006

I am now a lot dumber for having talked to you!

Y'all it is just one of those days! Folks wanna mess with me and I am just not digging it. Now out of the 5 people on our HR team, I am one of 2 in the office this week. My boss is on vacation, one person is transferring to a new job and another well I think she is somewhere picking her nose, I don't really know or care. However the other girl that's in the office with me this week and I have decided that next year they better tell all of their people to take vacation at the same time so that they aren't there to bug the shit out of us.

I had this one lady call me this morning, she was confused because when she entered her time off in the system that she forgot to enter 2 months ago, she didn't think it went through correctly. I asked her if she went back in to look at it and verify it. Silence...she acted like she had not a clue what I was talking about. Now this isn't a new employee and the system we use is not like operating a rocket or anything, it is a simple web-based system. If she wasn't sure if it went through all she had to do was go back in and click on the date. Apparently that was too difficult. I walked her through it she says she thinks it took, but that she didn't enter the other 2 dates, I told her she can go back in and add them. Hell you waited 2 months, I think the system can handle you making a change on the same day. So she hangs up. Not even 10 minutes later, my phone rings again. I can tell by the caller ID it is her calling back, I reluctantly answer the phone. She says, "I went back into the system to look and it shows those days, but it shows 'absence'?" I am thinking, yeah ok, what's the problem? She says, again, "Well it says 'absence'?" I realize then that her issue is with the word 'absence'. I say well if you weren't in the office that is by definition an absence, what did you indicate when you entered the 'absence'? Did you indicate that it was vacation, personal illness or personal business? I could hear the sound of the wheels in her brain struggling to turn. I finally walk her through clicking on the date where it pulls up the 'absence' where it shows what type of 'absence' it was. Oh lord when I got done with that woman, I was certain I had lost a few thousand brain cells. I mean damn if I wanted to lose brain cells I could go back to my college days of chiefin'...being friends with buddha...crumblin'herb...hell you get what I am saying. At least back then it was by choice!

I think after having to deal with her, I should get extra credit points and be able to get out of here early. What do you think? I am heading back to Summerfest tonight. Its kind of crazy usually it is hard to find a decent act with a R&B/hip-hop flavor on one night, but this year has been different. There have been a few days of decent urban artists. On this past Monday the largest stage (you have to pay for those tickets in addition to entrance to the festival) had Mary J. Blige and Ne-Yo. Friends of mine attended that show and said it was hot. Tonight we are going to see Anthony Hamilton at one of the free stages, at another stage Floetry is performing. and at another Digital Underground! Tomorrow I know Chris Brown is performing out there and Milwaukee's own Cincere. The Summerfest organizers this year are trying to get plenty of brownie points, considering previous years there has been so much disappointment over the lack of R&B and hip-hop artists. They really stepped their game up this year. Opening for Anthony Hamilton tonight is the group of a friend of mine, a local Milwaukee group, Growing Nation. Think Arrested Development mixed with A Tribe Called Quest mixed with Herby Hancock. I have seen them perform before and they put on a pretty good show. It should be a good show tonight. I will try to take some pics if I can, otherwise I think my friend Shelvey will be there again with his camera and I will try to get some pics posted for you when I can.

Aiight let me pretend to do some work for this next little hour so I can get the heck out of dodge. Until next time....holla at ya girl!

Pic of the day...
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
posted by Elle Jefe at 7/06/2006 02:06:00 PM

6 Comments:

Dumb people annoy me.

7/06/2006 7:01 PM  

Stupid E-time. Making people think. What's up with that? Anyway, you know i'm 2 seconds from starting that blog we talked of a while back. you might as go ahead and push the button.

7/09/2006 9:37 PM  

lawd jeezus...she was 'bout as dumb ass 3 rocks...

7/10/2006 7:32 PM  

she is dumb as hell

7/10/2006 10:35 PM  

@honey-libra - you and me both girl!

@rodney - i think we really need to go ahead and just do it!

@sarccastik - 3 rocks might be giving her too much credit!

@tenacious - to say the least! :)

7/11/2006 2:05 PM  

SHH, man. That's all you had to SAY!

7/11/2006 4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home