Phat to Fabulous!

13 June 2006

Down 2 more pounds!

Just when I thought I was on an eternal plateau, I dropped two more pounds! The girl is back in the game y'all. Sorry I have been M.I.A. lately, I have been trying to get things tied up before we leave for California tomorrow morning.

Things have been crazy around here, we were running all weekend. Saturday Jordan had her last soccer game of the season, her coach was nice enough to do a little cookout for all of the kids, but we had to leave there early. I had to get her to a birthday party for a little kid from her school, after that we went home and I thought we would get a chance to rest and pack, but no that didn't happen since the husband forgot to tell me that we were supposed to be going to my cousin's house for his son's birthday. We ended up being there until, 9:30 that night, fortunately there was lots of rum to go around otherwise I don't know that I would have lasted that long. It was too many damned kids running around there for me. Y'all know I don't like other people's kids.

Sunday we got up we had a full day. Chris's football team had a scrimmage so I had to go be the supportive football wife. It was cool though the kids had fun. It was kind of long, but the weather was nice. As soon as that was over I had to snatch up my oldest we were heading to the Bradley Center for the John Hancock Champions on Ice. Stop making that face! Yes I like ice skating, what? We had 4th row seats from the ice, my parents got me 2 tickets for my birthday and I thought Jordan would like to go. She loved, the whole show she just kept saying, "Wow" and "Cool!" We had a good time! She got to see Michelle Kwan, Sasha Cohen, Surya Bonaly (the black girl is still flipping on the ice), Irina Slutskaya, Johnny Weir, Rudy Galindo, Viktor Petrenko and a bunch of other people who's names I can't spell or prong. It was a great show though, really...stop making that face!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


J and I get home from the ice show and the little one is running around while the husband is cooking. He asks me if I get her to sit down and put an ice pack on her eye, because she had been playing outside when he was out back putting food on the grill and fell and hurt her eye. So I take her in back do the mommy thing and sing with her to get her to sit still for me to put the ice pack on her eye. She hops up like she is good after sitting for a while, and goes off to play. She comes back 2 seconds later talking about "Mommy, Mommy, Owwwwieeee!" and she just keeps rubbing her eye. So I put the ice on it again and she once again hops up and goes off to play just to return complaining once again. At this point I know somethings wrong. I get her to sit still so I can look in her eye and I can see a line going all the way across her cornea. I call the pediatrician who says sounds like she has a corneal abrasion/scratched cornea, and to take her to Children's Hospital. Now I had just the other day, been bragging to a friend that in my 6 years of being a mommy I had never had to take either of my kids to the emergency room. Now look! Although I must say I always knew that out of the two daredevil Kennedy was always on the top of my list to be the first one to make it there. So while she isn't screaming we sit down quickly to try to get some dinner shoved in our faces before a night of how many long hours at the emergency room. So I tell the husband to stay home with J so she can get in the bath and get ready for bed and I will take the little one to the hospital. I call my mom to see if she will accompany me, and we head to the hospital. Kennedy was a trooper we were there for a while, and she managed to keep herself entertained the whole 3 or 4 hours. She had the nurses laughing at her little self. When we were in the room waiting to see the doctor the nurses would walk by and she would say, "Hello? Come iiiiiinnn!" It was hilarious! Fortunately the doctor said her eye should heal up just fine and the prescribed her antibiotic eye drops to keep it from getting infected. When we finally left the hospital with our prescription in hand she passed out before we even got out of the parking lot good. That poor baby was plum tuckered out!

Needless to say with my eventful weekend I didn't get much packing done. We leave tomorrow morning at 7:20am. I have a feeling I won't be sleeping too much tonight! I will try to do a couple of posts while I am out in Cali chillin! Until next time peeps, holla at ya girl!

Today's Pic of the day:
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
posted by Elle Jefe at 6/13/2006 02:35:00 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home