Phat to Fabulous!

29 June 2006

Is the suspense killing you?

I didn't mean to leave y'all hanging on my tale of drama from CA. But typing out that last ordeal was so draining that I had to take a breather! :)

The Saga continues...
So Monday morning we get up, my dad goes to trade in the dealer car for an actual rental. He wants everyone ready when he gets back so we can get on the road and head to take my brothers girls friend home, pick up my other brother who had to work on father's day and head to the boat. When my dad finally returns its like 11am and pretty much everyone is ready to hit the road. It didn't take me much time at all seeing as how I had our bags packed the day before. He comes in and is like lets hit it. We say cool, but we need to stop for food. Now we have had at least 8 people in this house since we had arrived on Wednesday it is now Monday and this man wants to act surprised that there is no milk or cereal left in the house. Ugh, cheap skate you only bought two boxes of cereal what did you expect. This fool says y'all better eat when we get out to the boat. Oh hell to the naw, you are not about to have me not eating for a whole damn day again. No sireeee buddy! He chuckles, I give him and evil look and he proceeds to get the cooler ready for the boat, I had to double check behind him since he almost left the daggone E&J! We get packed up and roll out. He says what do y'all want to eat, everyone is pretty much in a consensus...Denny's. My stepmom then decides to say what if we get something fast and just eat in the car so we can get rolling. Everyone grumbled, but needless to say I was eating Wendy's sooner than I could blink. Whatever I was not going to sweat it.

So we go to LA drop off my one brother's girlfriend, pick up my other brother, and head to Oxnard to hit the boat. So we get there, its like 3 or 4pm. My dad doesn't want to unload the truck, because he wants to see if there is any straightening up to be done on the boat? errr? Its your boat, how do you not know if you cleaned it the last time you were on it? And how are you going to bring us down and think you are going to get free labor to clean YOUR boat? So we get ready to head down the dock toward the boat and I ask my dad how many people this boat sleeps, he says 6. Ummmm, excuse me did you notice there were 8 or us? My brother just looks at me and shakes his head. My brother says, "You see that really big nice boat on the end?" I say, "Yes." He says "Count 5 boats up on the left of the dock you see that little one with the green top? That's dad's." WTF!!!! Oh hells no! We get on the boat and they have no sheets or anything on the two beds and he begins to give us the warnings on how you can't do number 2 on the boat you have to go up on the dock to the building. He says they have showers up there too. That's nice...L don't do public showers. So he and his wife move some stuff around for a bit, I think they called that cleaning, and then he says lets go hit the boating store and get some food. We go get Thing 2 a life jacket, since they didn't have any on the boat small enough for her, and then we roll to go get some food. Once we are done there we roll to the grocery store and then go back to the docks to unload the boat. Since we wanted to get that done before it gets dark.

We get the boat unloaded and I ask my stepmom if she has any sheets and blankets for the beds, she says oh no we need to go get some. WTF!!!! So here we go everyone mounts up again and we roll down the street the runs up to the docks to see what store we can find to buy bedding. My step mom tells my dad to stop at the damn 99cents store! Are you freaking kidding? You don't really think they will have blankets and sheets and stuff do you? This is why I often think that the peroxide that is used to dye all her wigs blonde must be seeping through and effecting her brain! Anywho...she comes back out with an almost surprised look on her face that the dollar store didn't have bedding and we trek on, and find a KMart just up the road. I do despise KMart more than Walmart if that is even possible. We pull up to KMart and she begins to hop out and my dad says, "L its your turn to go in with her." WTF? My turn? I didn't see your ass take a turn? And since when did I offer to take turns with anyone? WTF!!! I said whatever and hopped out the car and follow her in. Now I walk directly to the bedding and find where they have the blankets and plane sheets. She starts talking about wanting matching sheets and comforters. This shit is going on a boat, who fucking cares??? So now she in the bed in a bag area, trying to find twin sets, so I am like just grab 3...oh but no, she wants 3 that match. And then she's doing the do you like this color thing, WTF! So after about 30 minutes of that with me texting my husband in the car cussing like how the hell did I get on this assignment? She finally finds 3 sets that she likes and that match and I am like what about the boys? So she buys 2 $3.99 blankets and oh what about pillows. And I ask do you have towels? The little things you should think about before you invite people out to your boat. So we finally walk out of the store an hour and $203.11 later and head back to the boat. You know the first thing I did when I hopped aboard right. Poured me a nice stiff E&J and coke! Ugh Family!

We capped off the night with a family game of spades, me and my youngest brother against my dad and my other brother. That was one of the most laid back moments of the whole trip! The next morning we get up deal with the boat some more and go out on the water for.....wait for it...a whole womping 45 minutes! All that bs for 45 mins! Whatever the kids enjoyed themselves so that's all that matters right. The rest of our stay was filled with more family drama and more wig changes by the stepmom, but soon just as swift as we arrived we were on our way back home. What would I do without this quality time every year? And my husband wants to move out there? Hmph....we'll see about that!

It's been a minute...
So in the midst of my madness I decided to share some other writing I did a while back on my MySpace Blog (which I don't use much, I have decided to only use it for poetry and other writing like that). If you want to check it out and give me an honest opinion, click here.

Sandeep is officially stalking me...
So the husband and I went to the Ladybug Club last Friday for a friend's birthday. Friday night is salsa night and my husband doesn't dance, but it was his friend's birthday so he went. All excited because he finally fit into a pair of 36" waist pants! So we are there I look up and who do I see but my laptop stalker! How do these people find me, what is an Indian dude doing in a salsa club anyways? I tried to avoid eye contact and I think I was successful!

Milwaukee Venom IFL Game of the Week!
So the husband had his first football game on Sunday, and the Milwaukee Venom took the Muskego Hitmen in a 13-6 win! The IFL has named their game, "The Game of the Week!" Read more here. This coming Sunday the Venom takes on the West Allis Predators at 7pm at the Milwaukee Sports Complex.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Source

I wanna drive like that!
The husband and I made it out to see Fast and Furious Tokyo Drift this weekend. While the story line wasn't all that different from previous F&F plots the driving in this movie was completely ridiculous! The driving had you on the edge of your seat. Although I did wonder after seeing the movie, how long it was going to take before you read of some idiot's car flying out of the side of the parking garage because they called them selves trying to race like in the movie and couldn't quite make the turn! The added bonus of this movie is that at the very end we get a cameo from none other than 'Dom' himself, Vin Diesel! Whoooo lord! If you are like me and like import cars, this movie is sick and its a must see. I have pics of the chick's RX-8 from Universal Studios and of the main Han's Evo. When I get those downloaded I will post them.

Who that is? That's just my baby daddy!
As of just about 40 minutes ago the Milwaukee Festival season has started. Today is the opening day of Summerfest. I will be heading down tonight with a whole slew of folks. We are going to take in the sounds of Milwaukee's own Rusty Ps (if you haven't checked them out yet, you should), Black Elephant and "My Baby Daddy" Common at the Harley Davidson Stage. Damn I live for this time of year in Milwaukee!


Common Rusty Ps
Alright that's it for today, I got lots of stuff to do so I can get out of here today! Until next time y'all know what to do...holla at ya girl!

Comic of the day

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Source
posted by Elle Jefe at 6/29/2006 09:04:00 AM

4 Comments:

I feel caught up now. Great lol

I'm mad she was expecting to get Hechts sheets (matching and what not) in Kmart...it's Kmart for pete's sake.

Family I tell ya

6/29/2006 4:32 PM  

**more wig changes by the stepmom**

^^^^You are so stupid!!! LOLOLOLOL

At least the kids enjoyed it. I am mad that they didn't think of sheets and towels..I mean were yall going to sleep in ur clothes or something?

Jeeez family

6/30/2006 7:12 PM  

@honey-libra - don't discount the fact that before we ever even made it kmart we made a stop at the 99cents store!

@tenacious - girl the things i do for these damned kids!

7/05/2006 2:35 PM  

i know it's let but thanks for mentioning us! we love ya Milwaukee!
peace
rusty ps

11/07/2006 12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home