Phat to Fabulous!

22 June 2006

Back in the house.....literally!

So I am back in MKE, whether I want to be or not. While the weather of California was wonderful for the majority of the trip, I could deal without the family drama....MY DAD! I have a long story to share with you about that, but I don't have the energy to type it all tonight. Just wanted to let everyone know I am back and will try to post a few pics from our trip and a few interesting tales tomorrow.

One thing that is always hilarious is how every time we go to California, this is an annual trip, my husband comes home so in love with the west coast and ready to move. Now I should let it be known I love the east coast. If I had it my way I would be back out in the DC area, where I am originally from, in a heart beat. My husband on the other hand hates the crowded city life, he would prefer to be somewhere out away from people and civilization all together. I have been thinking I could do California, but with a few stipulations. First, I REFUSE to live in the same town as my father. I used to say that the entire state of California wasn't big enough for he and I. Let's just say I can only take he and my step mom, mainly him, in small doses. My husband and my father get along so well that my brothers and I refer to my dad and Chris' father, and we have started to refer to Chris as Junior! Now I am starting to bend a little and say ok we can move that out west if we come up with a solid plan and take care of business. You know I want to move out with no drama and make a fresh start if we are going to go anywhere, especially expensive ass Cali! Milwaukee has been becoming less and less a place I want to be. I am sure that we would have moved sooner if we could have agreed on where to move long ago I am sure we would have been gone. Since we can't agree, we have been stuck here. Second, aside from not wanting to live in the same town as my dad, I don't want to be as far out of the LA as my dad. My father lives about 45 to 50 miles North of LA. As much as my husband would like to pretend that the rest of civilization doesn't exist, he's married to a city slicker. I need to be close enough to the city so that every trip into the city isn't like a day long exercise in patience and restraint. As it stands, we can't even agree on these things, so as we have in the past...here we sit.

No worries really we wouldn't be talking about any moves like this year or next, I have a few career moves I want to make before then. We also, have a lot of improvements we would want to do to our current house before we try to sell it. We would be looking more like 3 to 5 years out. Oh we shall see maybe I can convince him to move to Arizona instead?

Until next time peeps, holla at ya girl!

ps - THIS WAS THE 100th POST!
posted by Elle Jefe at 6/22/2006 10:01:00 PM

3 Comments:

congrats on the 100th post

I didn't know ur from DC *lol like I am or something*

Cali is expensive as hell expect to put up a kidney as part of your mortgage...

6/23/2006 7:36 PM  

In the famous words of Lauryn Hill:

"No disrespect to the West, true indeed
I rock it to the East, the East is the seed"

'Nuff said.

Happy Post day!

6/23/2006 11:14 PM  

@tenacious - Alexandria, VA baby right here! Oh kidney is all, I suppose I could live with dialysis if I had to I was expecting to have to give up both legs a liver and a eyeball or two!

@rodney - that's my boy, i knew i could count on you to bring it back around, pa! all i have to say is if i break down and do move the east will alway be in me!

6/25/2006 10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home