Phat to Fabulous!

21 August 2006

No rest for the weary!!!

So I knew it was coming and I tried to pretend like it wouldn’t. The phone call from my girl, saying that I was bogus for not having updated my blog in over a week. I know, I know. But damn ya girl went on vacay and came back and they were trying to work me like a dog. I am still recovering at least in the office from being off, but I couldn’t neglect my peoples any longer. So what’s been up with me? Hmmm let’s see…

The weight loss thing…
Well I haven’t updated a lot on this on this blog since we have the other blog, but I hit a bit of a plateau for a while, but things are looking up. I agreed to/got suckered into coordinating the Weight Watchers at Work program for my building. We just had our first meeting last week and hopefully I can use that to help keep me in line and on track. We shall see.

As well as WW I joined our fitness center here in the office and have gotten over my phobia of working out at work. My trainer left my normal gym so I think I will use this gym to take advantage of the trainers that they have, plus they offer a variety of classes, which my regular gym does not have. We shall see how this goes.

Milwaukee Venom in the IFL playoffs!
So I haven’t updated on the husband’s football team much lately. They had their last regular season game this past Friday against the Burlington Blue Devils. At 2 minutes left in the 4th they were up 14-7. Somehow the Blue Devils managed to score, even though they hadn’t since the first half, and run a 2-point conversion leaving the Venom with only about 30 seconds to attempt unsuccessfully to score. So the team ended the season with a record of 6-3. Regardless of Saturday’s loss the Venom move onto the playoffs with their first post-season game to be played on September 2nd. I will try to update on that game after it happens.

Craig McNeil’s Milwaukee Talent Showcase
So I started out my weekend thinking, oh it won’t be too bad; I will try to get some rest in. Well, not so much. Friday evening came and the husband and I were stepping out to a Milwaukee Talent Showcase at 311 Restaurant. A friend of ours has recently started his own record label, Partyhouse Entertainment, and two of his artists were slated to perform at the show. The show was pretty good, they had a decent mix of rap/hip hop, r&b, neo-soul and even a comedian on tap to host the show and keep everyone laughing. (Especially when he fell and busted his ass on his way back to the table after introducing one of the groups.) I ran into a handful of old friends at the show, including a friend I used to sing with back in high school. She was playing drums and singing back up for this neo-soul/funk artist, Iberia. Iberia put on a good show I hadn’t seen her perform before, my husband who doesn’t like anything other than straight up rap was even bobbing his head, even though he didn’t think I saw him. We had a good time though. We finally made it home late as I don’t know what and just passed out into the bed!

Miami Vice
So the husband and I went to go see Miami Vice yesterday afternoon. We had both been just waiting to see it and finally had a chance. And honestly the jury is still out for a verdict on this one. While as is the case with most women, I could look at Collin Farrell and Jamie Foxx any day, all day, I expected must more from this film. Yes it had action and suspenseful points. But Tubbs did not have a jheri curl and Sonny well we never did find out whether or not he was wearing socks. Seriously, though the case was good, they filmed in some pretty great locations, but I guess I just wanted more. On top of it the shots in this film were a little crazy. At one point in the movie I told Chris I felt dizzy. If I decide later how I truly feel about this movie I will let you know.

Aiight kiddies that’s enough for today, I must go do some work. I am extra tired today I am not sure why. I need to get some work done so that I can get myself out of here on time to make it to the gym. Until next time, you know what to do…

Holla!
~L~
posted by Elle Jefe at 8/21/2006 01:13:00 PM

5 Comments:

YEah- I know how it is with having two blogs and you're like "Well, do I talk about my weight loss here or there... or not at all because, well, it hasn't been happening." Being the coord of WW @Work should help, it makes you force yourself to do it...

8/22/2006 8:06 AM  

Congrats on leading the WW program at work....you should see it as a compliment b/c they obviously feel you are strong enough to lead a group of people toward something that's not easily attainable!

8/22/2006 10:41 AM  

I was starting to worry about you.....

I'm happy 2 hear u've sucked it up and joined the WW @ work...I was thinking of hitting up some yoga classes with my co-workers...well ok so they kinda hinted that there is a fine Middle Eastern man teaching the class...and who am I to turn that down?!

8/22/2006 8:04 PM  

I love live music, I don't go see it as much as I should. Thanks for the update.

8/23/2006 7:23 AM  

WW is great good luck with that!!

Miami Vice.. sucks monkey balls

Talladega Nights.. OK not as funny as I thought but it had its moments..

8/23/2006 9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home