Phat to Fabulous!

24 July 2006

Surviving more madness...

I say to y'all all the time that I couldn't make up some of the stuff that happens to me even if I tried. So last week was my trip for work out to Connecticut for training. Now I left on Tuesday to head to the east my brother, to the east. (Sorry I had to for all the old school XClan fans) I got to work Tuesday morning with plans to work for 4 hours, and then go home and work for the afternoon so I could get things situated, make sure last minute things were packed, etc. I got to work that morning, and went to check my phone after about an hour or so and black screen! WTF!!! How about my damn phone was on the fitz. Wouldn't power on, wouldn't ring, nothing! Now I tried to call the husband, because I usually let him deal with anything that has to do with our cell phones, since that's the business he is in. Now I will spare you the details, but my husband works for Cingular, but my phone is a Sprint. So I tried to call him before I left work, but no answer, he must have been busy with customers. I head out of work on time, right about 12:15pm. Happy that I was leaving on time, but stressing that I was about to leave out of town and I have a cell phone that is not working. Not only did that mean no contact, but it also meant no nothing, since I have a Treo my life is in that phone.

So I get home and log on to do some more work and I send a text message to the husband about the phone, he tells me to call one of his friends who still works for Sprint. Ummmm yeah how can I do that I have no phone? (and we axed the house phone a long time ago.) So he goes back and forth and finally tells me to go to his friends store all the way out in one of the suburbs so that he can swap out my phone for me. Ummm, that's great but its 2pm, I am not done packing and I have to get there and to the airport before 5pm. I put everything into NoS turbo boost and got out the house and headed to his friends store. How about 2 blocks from the store I look down and my phone is powering up. WTF!!! So I got to the store anyway, he takes a look at the phone and takes the battery off and puts it back on and it fitzes again, sucks because he can't transfer any of my info, but good because at least I don't look crazy since it did the same thing to him. He swaps out the phone I am good to go head to the airport and make it there right at 5pm. Perfect timing!

I get there get on my flight, no problems. I had to fly through O'Hare that went smoothly. I get my flight out to White Plains, NY, get in the air and on our way. We are in the air and its about 15 mins before when we are scheduled to land. We are looking into the distance and thinking wow those look like some bad storms out that way as we see lightening flashing through the sky in the distance. At that point the pilot comes on the speak and say, "Well ladies and gentleman, I have good news and bad news. The bad news is that there are pretty bad weather conditions in the White Plains area, there are standing waters, and tornado warnings. The good news is we are landing...in Albany, NY. Right now we aren't sure what the plan of action will be we may refuel and wait out the storm, we may bus you in or we may have to wait it out over night. We will keep you posted as we learn more." WTF!!!! It's 11:45pm at night! So we land and they keep us on the plane, about 2 hours later they decide we are going to go ahead and fly into White Plains as the storms have passed. By the time we finally landed in White Plains it was almost 2am. By the time I made it and got checked into the hotel it was 3:15am!

The next two days I had training it was a great class, I met some great people, I will spare you the details. Thursday, was the day finally time to get back home. Turned out we got out of training a little early, so I went ahead and got on the road to the airport, trying to call ahead to see if there might be an earlier flight I could make it on. I call United get put on hold and disconnected. Call again, and wait on hold...again...and finally get someone on the line. By now I am about 5 minutes from the airport, looking for some place to put gas in the rental car. She tells me that there is a flight scheduled to leave out in 30 mins. Well that's not going to happen. So then she says one moment and comes back to the line to tell me that my flight which was scheduled for 7:45pm was showing that it was going to be 2 hours late. Which would put me into O'Hare too late to make my connecting flight to MKE. I was so annoyed at that point. I tried to weigh my options but get to the point where I am like oh well what can I do. I figure I will call for a car service to pick me up from O'Hare to get me back to Milwaukee. I decide I am going to head to the mall and grab some dinner since I have time to kill. Then I remembered that the dumb rental car had to be back at the airport by 7pm. So I headed back to the airport to return the car and go ahead and check in for my flight. I get there and begin to another O'Hare bound passenger who says that there was a 2:34pm flight that was scheduled to go to O'Hare that never left but that is now scheduled to leave at 7:45pm, my original flight time. I get up to the agent, who checks me in for my scheduled flight that now isn't supposed to leave until 9:46 and puts me on standby for the 2:34pm flight which is now supposed to leave at 7:45pm. The time comes and I get on the 7:45pm flight. Thank goodness. Home free, right?

Not exactly. We land in Chicago at 9:05pm. My flight home was scheduled to leave at 10:15pm with boarding to start at 9:55pm. As we land the flight attendant lists the connecting flights with gates and of course my flight is leaving from a gate on the other side of the airport that is about a 20 minute walk. There is a shuttle that I could take, however according to the flight attendant it stops running at 9:30pm. So what that means is we get stuck in the penalty box for 22 minutes and of course I will miss the shuttle, all because our gate isn't open. I get off the plane prepared to book it. I walk past where the shuttle is and its still open. The lady says that they kept it running late, because of the bad weather, they knew that they would have people needing the shuttle. Great! I get on the shuttle get to the concourse I need to be in find my gate and of course it has already been switched. Figures! I find the new gate and there are apparently 4 flights leavin out of the same gate within 4 minutes of one another, obviously impossible, but only at O'Hare would they even pretend like it could happen. so 10:15pm changed on the sign behind the desk to 10:24 which was soon 10:47! We finally get on the plane, but we don't take off until almost 11:30. All of this shit for a 15 minute flight. We finally land in Milwaukee, I am so exhausted and ready to be home. I get off the plane, make my way out to the parking structure, get to my car and how about I left the fucking dome light on in my car and the battery's dead! That night could not have ended any other way!

I am exhausted from even recapping this. Its past my bed time so I am outta here y'all. Until next time...holla at ya girl!

Oh I don't want to forget to mention, I am on two more blogs so check me out if you have time. A group of bloggers has started a weight loss blog so check out "Shake Dat Ass Folk!" So check that one out when you get a chance. Also, my friend Rodney and I have a new blog called "I See Stupid People." I am sure you can't figure out what the blog is about. If you can't, we might just be talking about you! hahah!

Night y'all!
~L~
posted by Elle Jefe at 7/24/2006 09:53:00 PM

7 Comments:

Dang you had a lot going on.

Stupid people make me laugh so I'm gonna def have to check that one out :)

7/25/2006 11:27 AM  

i'm with honey....dang girl

get a good night sleep running through O'hare is not a damn jokr....

7/25/2006 6:35 PM  

damn...you let the dome light on...that's crazy...

7/27/2006 9:13 AM  

@ L, you can tell I was the "talker" in the class, a sista doesnt like to leave one detail out the story!

7/27/2006 11:13 AM  

I absolutely HATE airports. I was on an assignment that had me flying back and forth each week for over a year...so I've been through it all!

7/28/2006 9:28 AM  

good lawd.. you are scaring me.. I leave for Reno in a week!!!!!


well good thing is you made it home!!! :)

7/28/2006 11:16 AM  

I don't like airports either...

7/28/2006 11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home