Phat to Fabulous!

17 July 2006

Why you wanna go and do that now huh?

What's up my people's? Ya girl has been very, very busy lately and I have a bit to catch y'all up on.

Just can't leave well enough alone?
So after the last time Vargas got his ass wooped, please see horrific photos here, you would have thought that he had enough sense to leave "Sugar" Shane Mosley alone. But nooooooo! He had to go flapping his jaw for a rematch. And in turn "Sugar" Shane had to put it on his ass and lay him out in 6 rounds. Hey Vargas, I will say it again! Shut up and take your ass whooping like a real man this time!

Milwaukee Venom now 4-0!
So Saturday, your girl was just a little busy. I had the girls here at the house most of the day, but the evening I just was running like a wild woman. The husband had his 4th game and the Venom had its 4th win! That win should keep the Venom in first place in the IFL's National Conference going into game 5 in Fond du Lac against the Crusaders. We'll see Saturday afternoon if the Venom can keep their unvarnished record.

Aren't I just a social butterfly?
So after the game Saturday night, I had to hit the birthday circuit. The family and I finally made it home from the game by about 9:45pm and I had scarfed down my food changed clothes and buzzed back out the door. I called myself trying to make it an early night, but that was nothing close to what happened. By the time I made it down to Lucille's Piano Bar, to meet up with everyone for Sue's birthday it was close to 10:30pm. It was hot as hell in there since it was still 90 degrees outside and this place apparently had no a/c and everyone with the group I was meeting was ready to head out. I went with them across the street to Cafe Vecchio's and had a Flirtini mingled for a bit and then decided to make my way to the next evenings event.

After leaving Sue and the gang I headed North to my girl Liz's house. She recently moved in with her man and was having a get together to show off the new crib and to celebrate her birthday. I get there and the parking on the street in front of her house is completely all taken. So I have to circle the block and come around and park on the side of the house. I am thinking to myself as I walk towards Liz's that at the end of the night someone will definitely need to walk me back to my car, because I am not walking back over here by myself. So I make my way upstairs and as is usually the case with good friends, I am being asked to make drinks for people before I even put my purse down. I do my duties, in the heat (they had only like 2 window a/c units, damn I must love my friends) make the drinks and then make my way out to the balcony. Come up on Liz's sister who is outside chilling with one of her male friends, who just so happens to be a guy I went to school with. So we all caught up for a bit and I made my way back inside realizing I still had yet to make a drink for myself. Make myself a drink and go in to watch the spades game to plot my takeover! lol

So I am sitting there chilling watching the games, watching my friend talk hella shit, but that's what we do when we play spades. As I am sitting there, I have my arm resting on the back of the seat of this cat sitting at the other spades table. He leans back and bumps my arm and I apologize for being all up on his chair he says that's ok and starts trying to lean back more. Umm, no let me just move. So for the rest of the night I have to deal with what this man thought was game, all the while I was trying my hardest to make my wedding ring oh so visible. So I finally work my way into a game and the cards just weren't going the way of my and my partner. Finally everyone calls it a night. You know black folks, everyone makes their plates and we all make our way out. Its now 3:30am, and I say good night as I head towards my car figuring there are at least people outside so if something happens to me I can make enough noise for someone to notice. Just then no-game-brotha starts walking my way asking if he can walk me to the car. I don't turn down the offer since I really didn't want to walk to my car by myself. We get to my car, I turn to hop in say goodnight and this conversation occurs:

Him: So when can I talk to you again?
Me: (Being the honest sister I am, trying to figure out when we had talked in the first place all the while trying to flash my wedding rock!) Probably never!
Him: What if I give you my number?
Me: *laughing by now* I can guarantee you I won't use it
Him: Why is that?
Me: I am married.
Him: Are you happy?
Me: (Thinking WTF kind of question is that?) Yes, very!
Him: *handing me a piece of paper* Well here's my number if you ever get unhappy give me a holla.
Me: *laughing, rolling eyes and getting in the car* Umm, yeah ok, good night.

Now, I know enough guys read this. WTF! If I said I am married and I am laughing dead in your face, why oh why do you continue to try to flatter yourself just to get squashed. If I was going to miraculously become "unhappy" with my marriage would you think that I would call you. And if I would do that to my husband, why would you want to deal with my trifflin' ass. Please y'all know I am a straight up bitch right. I got in the car, turned up my T.I. drove off crumbled up that little piece of paper and threw it out the window. I ain't trying to take that mess home and start some shit with the husband over nothing. Please!

Then I am on my way home getting my jam on to the music enjoying the warm breeze windows down, sunroof open. All of a sudden I notice a faint honking noise, faint because my music was up that loud. I look over to see this dark shadow looking my way out an open window from the car next to me. I turn my music down just enough to hear him ask me, "Why are you driving so fast?" Mind you when we had taken off from the last light he had been keeping up with me, "I said why are you driving so fast?" He laughs, and says again, "Where you trying to get to so fast?" The light changed and as I drove off, I said, "Read the plates," and turned the window back up. Damn that felt good, I have been waiting for a moment like that. At least I know I still got it! hahahah!

Aiight y'all!
I need to hop off of here, I really should be packing for my work trip I leave tomorrow. I will try to blog while I am out there, it should be a little easier actually since I won't have to heat up spaghetti-o's, prevent potty accidents and do bath time. Until next time, holla at ya girl!
posted by Elle Jefe at 7/17/2006 07:31:00 PM

7 Comments:

that wedding ring is like kryptonite to me. if I even see a ring that looks like a wedding ring, I lose all game. But alot of guys like it, because that means they dont have to have a committment

7/18/2006 10:09 AM  

tell your girl. happy belated.

the persistent dude that gave you his number after you made it clear that you weren't interested, must've been an aries. they don't hear the "no" word.

be safe in your travels.

peace love and balance!

7/18/2006 4:11 PM  

"Is You Happy"

Damn T.I for that phrase. All the n*ggaz are using it now

If i wasnt happy i sure wouldnt mention I have some one geesh

7/19/2006 5:54 PM  

What kind of question is that?? Are you married... These guys think that if they get a "no" outta you, that they have a chance. No no no!

7/20/2006 12:59 PM  

Damn L, you just brushed up on a dude and he's on you? Lay off the Hoo Doo, girl! Seriously, I gotta go with T Cas. a bit. Some brothers see that as a green light to strings...that along with the 40 Oz. of delusion like your boy was nursing. There was that 2% chance that it could have been true because you know that stuff goes down. Incidently, that "is you happy" line has been tossed around since the beginning of time.
Regardless, he had a good story to tell his people. Now, I can't give you the True Wollyhood story on this, but take my word for it.


And I want to congratulate you on asking the question that NO one thinks about in a situation like that. That's why you my girl. The question is, why would you want to mess with someone that would leave someone else to mess with you for? But it does happen. Again, that's the 40oz. thought.

Anyway, gone!

7/22/2006 7:11 AM  

LMAO.. OMG.. not L go Zoom and wait.. LMAO.. he ain't say well if u get unhappy... LOL


THAT'S FUNNY.. have fun in caribana missy

7/24/2006 2:15 PM  

@t.cas - see a true man treats the wedding ring as kryptonite, a nigga treats it like its a fishing lure just trying to reel him in!

@divine oasis - yeah he was some kind of sign i was trying to give him the stop sign, but apparently that one was too difficult for him!

@tenacious - girl i didn't even think about that line at the time. but like you said if i was happy why would i bother saying i have a man and flashing my ring!

@djn & tigerkiss - *sigh*

@rodney - you know i have always asked the un-asked questions! but seriously a peice of ass is all he was out to get and i know that but damn i didn't know i had it like that! lol

@BK - i plan on having way toooo much fun! :) already planning the madness down to the minute!

7/24/2006 9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home