Phat to Fabulous!

12 December 2006

Check in #123

Hey y'all just checkin' in so that everyone knows I am still breathing. I am still doing this blogging thing just not as frequently as before. As with everyone else, this time of year is busy and crazy and hectic as can be. So in the midst of the madness, what have I been up to? That's a good question I am glad you asked...well you didn't but you're going to find out anyway.

One, Two Cha Cha Cha
So since September when my girls started back with Ballet for the year, I told you that I was taking a salsa class since I had to sit there and wait for them I may as well break a sweat while I wait. Well the class has been really fun, I have picked up a lot of stuff and I seem to actually be hanging with the little youngins. While the class is fun and a great workout...I am poor as hell! I don't have extra money right now to be spending on dance lessons with my buddy Enrique, as wonderful as he is, I have other things that are pulling on my cash flow that I have to deal with. We will get to those things or that thing in a minute. Due to my little inner revelation I have decided to 86 my dance class to save $40-ish each month that I already didn't have.

I'm in love with a stripper...
Well maybe not exactly, but I have been bitten by the bug. I started taking a pole dancing class with friends on Wednesday. This is where my money for my salsa class has gone, considering I was online pricing poles for my basement! This class is surprisingly fun and really a good workout. Your arms have to be strong to keep you from landing on your ass. The teacher is pretty funny she gets a kick out of my one friend who is in the class and feels the need to end every single move she does with a loud and manly "BAM!" Freaking suck up trying to be the teacher's favorite. I have to tell you that if you think of taking a class like this, be prepared for bruises, I mean a lot of bruises, big ones little ones blue ones black ones. There's no limit to the things that will show up on you when you take this class...wait maybe that's just me. I am clumsy as hell! Honestly, my thought behind taking this class was just like when I decided to take salsa, I am determined to get my workouts in every week, I may as well have fun while I do it, right? Earlier today I decided to put together a cd for our class tomorrow, thanks to my girls for helping me put together the playlist. In case you are wondering what kind of songs you need for a pole dancing class. I present to you the playlist for "Tails from the Boom Boom Room":
Anything - Jay-Z ft. Pharrell and Usher
Back That Thang Up - Juvenille
Big Pimpin' - Jay Z
Don't Cha (featuring Busta Rhymes) - PCD
Drop It Like It's Hot - Snoop and Pharrell
Flap Your Wings - Nelly
Freak It - Lathan
Freak Through - T.I. Ft. Pharrell
Freaks - Doug E. Fresh
Get Up - Ciara
Goodies (Remix) - Ciara
Hoochie Mama - 2 Live Crew
Hot in Herrre - Nelly
Hydraulics - Uncle Luke
I'm In Luv (Wit A Stripper) (Remix Part II) T-Pain Feat. Twista, Pimp C, Paul Wall, MJG, R. Kelly & Too Short
Jealouso - Pitbull
Moist - Janet Jackson
Ms. New Booty - Bubba Sparxxx Featuring Mr. ColliPark & Ying Yang Twins
Naughty Girl - Beyonce
Pimpin' All Over The World - Ludacris
Sexhibition - Janet Jackson
SexyBack - JT
Shake (Remix) - Pitbull ft. Elephant Man & Ying Yang Twins
Signs - Snoop ft. Charlie Wilson and JT
Slow Wind (Remix) - Akon, R. Kelly and Sean Paul
Snake - R. Kelly and Big Tigger
So Excited - Janet Jackson ft. Khia
Strawberry Bounce - Janet Jackson
Thong Song - Sisqo
Vivrant Thing - Q-Tip
Wait (The Whisper Song) - Ying Yang Twins
Whistle While You Twerk - Ying Yang Twins
Why You Wanna - T.I.
I might put together another cd, anyone have more suggestions on songs or mp3's you can send me, I know a room of about 10 chicks that would really appreciate it.
The L Got Her Groove Back...
So a while back I wrote this rather unchipper post, I was a bit frustrated about how I had recently lost focus of things that used to be really important to me. So I decided to get up off of my ass and do something about it. A lot of that post was about my need to start doing my music again, because there was really no reason I wasn't. So about a month or so ago I got an email from the husband of a friend. He and a few friends had recently put together a band and were in need of a female vocalist and apparently one of the first people they thought of was yours truly. So after listening in on a practice or two and hearing what they were trying to do, I decided this was a pretty cool project and that I wanted in. So I am now part of a band, that has yet to be named. It is myself and 6 guys...hopefully soon one other chick, its a 70s rock cover band, doing a lot of old Eagles, Rolling Stones, Crosby, Stills and Nash and a load of other stuff. Anyone who knows me knows I love music no matter what kind, so I am really excited about this. Hopefully by the summer we will be able to do some performances and turn this thing into some profit. Only time will tell. I am working on the old Stones song "Gimme Shelter" right now.
Is it bedtime yet?
Yes...why yes it is! Therefore that's where I am taking my behind. I will check in with everyone later. I have to go think about 5 things I haven't already told you all for a tag I just found out I am supposed to do thanks to v'ron. This one is a toughy it might take me a minute.
Until next time, holla at ya girl!
~L~
posted by Elle Jefe at 12/12/2006 09:17:00 PM

2 Comments:

Just when I thought I knew all there was about about you, hon, you throw me a slider. That's alright! Come to think of it, I shouldn't be surprise. The L is anything if not adventurous. :)

12/13/2006 6:14 AM  

Missed ya in the blog world L but you never cease to amaze me and have me cracking up when you pop back up :-)

12/13/2006 11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home